The Joys of Distributors

I don’t know how you guys go about getting your bishoujo–it sounds like most of you go directly to the source.

I’ve been getting mine from a distributor that carries titles from a number of manufacturers… but I’m starting to get a little frustrated. I ordered Shield Warrior Sakigake a while ago, and recently ordered Jewel Knights: Crusaders, only to have them on what seems to be perpetual back order. Gah!

I’m wondering if it’s worth the 10% discount that I can get from the distributor… the actual price I am paying for the games seems to be about the same as if I went to, say, Peach Princess and bought them directly. I’m not sure what PP charges for shipping, though. It seems like things are almost always on back order…

I’ve found J-List’s 25% off on orders of four or more B-games to be the best deal around. You just have to wait until there are four titles you want to purchase and order them all at once. I’ve got three GC games on my wishlist and am just waiting for the next PP or GC release to send in another order. One thing has me a little worried. I believe they added the notation Special Thanks Sale! to the 25% discount notice, making me wonder if the offer may continue for a limited time only.

You can see what Peach Princess charges for shipping in one of the pages of the “Company info & FAQ” section.

My manga shop carries some of these games. That’s where I got Brave Soul. But I’m not sure if they’re going to restock, because while most of them got sold, it didn’t sell that well (it took a long time to sell).
But it isn’t a big problem for me, I can always order using my mom’s credit card (I’m allowed, I have an agreement with my parents).

You don’t have a credit card? Ordering from Peach Princess is pretty safe.

quote:
Originally posted by perigee:
I've found J-List's 25% off on orders of four or more B-games to be the best deal around. You just have to wait until there are four titles you want to purchase and order them all at once. I've got three GC games on my wishlist and am just waiting for the next PP or GC release to send in another order. One thing has me a little worried. I believe they added the notation Special Thanks Sale! to the 25% discount notice, making me wonder if the offer may continue for a limited time only.

I hadn't heard of J-List before hitting this BBS (but then, I think I live in a closet...), I may take a look. But I'm not sure I have the patience to wait for four titles to come out that I want (and to save up the money to buy all four)!

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
You can see what Peach Princess charges for shipping in one of the pages of the "Company info & FAQ" section.[QUOTE]

I hadn't thought about that, but it's probably a good idea...

[QUOTE]You don't have a credit card? Ordering from Peach Princess is pretty safe.

Well, I've got a credit card, but even if I did order from Peach Princess, that's the way I'd go--it tends to make things go faster.

I just order from the publishers that way I know I’ll get it when they do I usually get my g-coll games 2-3 days after it goes on sale and PP is usually a week or so.

That’s what I’m considering… Of course, then I’ll have to stick every publisher’s website in my address book…

Heh well it’s not that big an undertaking as there’s really on 2 us bishoujo game publishers right now

Er… so I noticed after getting a history lesson on another thread. What threw me was that I have older games from now-defunct publishers, and also, some titles have what is, I suppose, the production company on the label as well, which I was initially confusing for the publisher. Oh well, live and learn… If I knew everything, I could be running the place