The old Otaku Games?

You know Pardise Heights and True love etc…Anyone out there have any idea where some of them might be availible? Or perhaps If they’re going to collected like the the JAST memorial? Ive got em all but true love and Ive been looking for it for awhile to just kinda complete the collection. Any help apreciated

That would be good. Having them updated to work on XP would be really good.

While the Paradise Heights series was O.K. It was more of a Novel than a game.

Time Stripper was a decent game with multiple endings.

True Love is the game everybody wants to see. I kind of wish Software House Parsley would do a renewal version of it.

The only thing working against it is the dated graphics. When you have the exceptional graphics (IMO) of Companies like Cronus (Brightia), C’Ware (Eve Series) etc. It is kind of difficult to offer an older selection with dated graphics. (Look at the general detestability of the opinions on G-Collections release of Dor) I don’t know how well the Memorial Collections did, but that was probably a clear indicator of What an Otaku Memorial Collection would do.

------------------
“His last thought is wry, Not bad for a dead man.” Moon Knight vol.1, #1 (1980)

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited 11-16-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
That would be good. Having them updated to work on XP would be really good.

True Love is the game everybody wants to see. I kind of wish Software House Parsley would do a renewal version of it.

It is kind of difficult to offer an older selection with dated graphics. (Look at the general detestability of the opinions on G-Collections release of Dor.

Perhaps here though the difference would be people want the game True Love inspite of the dated graphics. How many people actually wanted to have the Dor Collection prior to its release? That is to say was their a demand for it or just something they decided to do? Inspite of dated graphics if there is a demand, which there seems to be in this case, I think they would do well to release it.

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
Perhaps here though the difference would be people want the game True Love inspite of the dated graphics. How many people actually wanted to have the Dor Collection prior to its release? That is to say was their a demand for it or just something they decided to do? Inspite of dated graphics if there is a demand, which there seems to be in this case, I think they would do well to release it.

The game actually runs in XP, but there's a font issue that needs to be resolved before it could be rereleased.

------------------
"His last thought is wry, Not bad for a dead man." Moon Knight vol.1, #1 (1980)

quote:
Originally posted by grandhammer:
[B]You know Pardise Heights and True love etc..Anyone out there have any idea where some of them might be availible? Or perhaps If they're going to collected like the the JAST memorial? B]

If they are going to make collectors' edition, they might be as well to include Paradise Hieghts trilogy into one CD. I know some people don't like this series, I still think it's an attractive deal.

quote:
Originally posted by Logicgate:
If they are going to make collectors' edition, they might be as well to include Paradise Hieghts trilogy into one CD. I know some people don't like this series, I still think it's an attractive deal.

Unfortunately, I don't think the third Rakuenso (Paradise Heights) game ever got licensed and with Foster ceasing publication, this may not be possible.

------------------
"His last thought is wry, Not bad for a dead man." Moon Knight vol.1, #1 (1980)

A 3rd Paradise Heights? Arghhhhhhhh Thats another I got to look for now

Yup, like Doug-san said, there was a third that never got translated to English. I really can’t see them using the original Paradise Heights even if they could. That’s some really dated graphics in there.

Foster folded, so that will complicate any licensing issues for Paradise Heights.