The phenomenon that is Tsukihime

Can someone give me a non spoiler explanation why this game is so popular?

It’s so popular that other doujin circles have made doujinshis for it

It’s so popular that it has it’s own merchandise line

It’s so poplular that Watanabe sensei is making a fighting game based on it.

To top that, there’s an anime series of it currently in produciton.

And to think it’s just a “mere” doujin game.

err…it’s because it’s so well-made that it’s comparable with commercial games?

a “mere” doujin game can be good too, you know…just because it’s made by a bunch of amateurs doesn’t mean it can’t be compared with commercial-level games.

speaking of which. How are yours coming Lamuness?

I know for sure doujin circles can be extremely creative. My doujins collection can be testament to that. There’s a reason why I put the word “mere” in a quote bracket you know

You see, at first glance it seems that Tsukihime is your average Vampire Hunter schtick.

So, is it the superb plot?

Or is it perhaps gasp original and fresh unlike many other games?

[This message has been edited by Quasi Dogma (edited 10-25-2002).]

Don’t forget all the MADs.

What are MADs, anyway? I’ve got quite a few of what appear to be music videos from them with some quite impressive editing of what looks like Kanon and Air CG.

from what I know (although I don’t touch MAD stuff so I can’t take this as accurate), MAD movies are pretty much remakes of videos (or an assembly of various difference sources) and they put in wacky dialogues to make the original thing look absolutely ridiculous, just for laughs and fun…

No idea what it stands for, (or if it’s even an acronym lol) but the majority I’ve seen seem to be MVs of sorts and some parodies.

By the way, does anyone anything about that 6 minute vid? (erm don’t remember the name, but it had Arcueid, Ciel, Akiha, Nero Chaos, and the main guy in 3d form) Was it fanmade or something else? It was pretty awesome.