Theme songs

Since theme song of consol and games have been performed in orchestras and sold on cd’s, and i have seen on this board a lot of commentary’s on theme songs: I ave quite a few that i like perhaps PP should think of a CD or a DL sevice where you cold by those that you like. A bit like Itunes but for the music of PP and GC games.
Maybe im just out in the blue and speculating.
With this suggestion.

[ 04-14-2007, 05:50 AM: Message edited by: Johan ]

well the rights to the song usually belongs to the recording company (such as i’ve etc) if they are provided outside of the japanese bgame company (although there can be exceptions), and we as the third party do not have direct rights to the full song…while we are usually allowed to provide part of the song for download or along with the game package for promotional purposes, selling the songs alone for money (such as itunes or making a music cd ourselves) will most likely get our ass sued unless we pursue further licenses which will of course add to the cost

so im afraid that will be highly unfeasible, if not impossible, on our end; for now you will have to rely on japan cd importers such as cdjapan or something

[ 04-14-2007, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: Lamuness ]

Thanks for your speedy reply and info, i just thought that you bought all rights for the world exeopt Japan.

Hehehe… If you really want to hear these musics and songs, you have to play it… Unfortunately, we can’t do nothing… But we can enjoy listening the musics, right?

[ 04-18-2007, 07:17 AM: Message edited by: Mystvan ]

Some song i have managed to find legal DL’s for, Mockingbirg have a few on the site http://anime.advancedmn.com/. Other theme songs i wanna listen to i use the game cd’s. But when im outdoors or relaxing or on a flight i would like to have more on my mp3 player.

I’m sorry… My words were very ambiguous. I mean, if you really want to hear these musics and songs, you have to play the PC/VG game… Unfortunately, we can’t do nothing… But we can enjoy listening the musics while playing the game, right?

If you are really interested, I can post a excellent site, who has many musics and songs from animes and games. I wonder if Lamuness would be upset about this. Then I can post in PVT (private), OK?

IIRC a few Japanese games have special music cd’s, and of course a lot of games have both CG and music gallery’s where you can just listen to the music when you have completet the game.

Just make your own music CDs…

Edited by Mystvan

[ 06-18-2007, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Myst-Vearn (Mystvan) ]