They call me the king of bad endings

Yep, if there’s a bad ending to get I’m the man for the job, doesn’t matter how I play (should I just pick whatever decision first come to mind, go for a particular girl,try and decipher how the ending system works, etc.) it seems my first ending always HAS to be a bad one.

Aren’t games supposed to be fun? frustration is not what I had in mind :stuck_out_tongue: surely I’m not the only one that has experienced this, right?

Anyway, have been a B-fan for a couple of years now, lurked for a while and finally decided to join the forum, hello all!

Welcome to the board, Nintakaru!

Ha ha ha. For some reason, I always get the good ending. But of course, I take the options too seriously, thinking “Oh god, what would I do IRL?”

------------------
Step by step there is no need to rush, case by case I don’t care if people laugh. Beyond the uncountable says she is there waiting for me

Heh… same here!

When I first play through a title, I tend to just do stupid stuff at first and get to know the cast better.

Sometimes, depending on the title, a “bad” ending is the “best” ending.

i recall reading a (H)manga at least 10 years ago about a guy saying something along the lines of…

"that’s what a video game should be…easy to get gameovers and challenging, or else the game will be very boring and you will not have the feeling/sense of accomplishment when you clear it"

and plus, it’s your first try to get bad endings…im sure lots of people here (myself included) who has experienced similar things; you are just adjusted to the game environment and do not know what to expect out of the story/decision points

so while i can understand how you feel i dont think you should get so worked up on getting a bad ending on your first try…now, if you keep getting bad endings after at least say 10 tries and without saving at key decision points to backtrack then you may want to consult a walkthrough

Well, I can’t say that I’ve gotten a bad end on my first try of EVERY game- there has been a few cases where I stumbled upon a good end at my first try- but in most cases, I stumble on a bad end on my first try, as I believe most do . Don’t despair if you find a bad end on your first try; that’s normal. And besides,where’d the fun and the challenge be if it was too easy to find a good ending? (such a game can be nice to play for the sake of variation, through).

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:

and plus, it's your first try to get bad endings...im sure lots of people here (myself included) who has experienced similar things; you are just adjusted to the game environment and do not know what to expect out of the story/decision points

Also sometimes there is a "roadblock" in the story which makes it diffcult to makethe proper decisions, a second playtrough usually takes care of that.

And it doesn't frustrate me or anything, just find it curious, now if I had trouble after ten tries I guess I would find a new hobby [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
And besides,where'd the fun and the challenge be if it was too easy to find a good ending?

Oh absolutely, the challenge gives an incentive to try again, like just last night after being sent back to the tittle screen (as expected [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]) I just kept on playing and I'm doing much better the second time [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Nintakaru (edited 05-03-2006).]

I’m surprised nobody mentioned Snow Drop here. If it weren’t for the hints posted here by “Kumiko” once upon a time (god, it’s only 5 years or so, but it feels like an eternity …) I’d’ve been horribly lost for ages, and it was still a pain. In fact I believe I wrote my own FAQ for the game (which probably isn’t even all that correct; I should try replaying it sometime).

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Snow Drop here. If it weren't for the hints posted here by "Kumiko" once upon a time (god, it's only 5 years or so, but it feels like an eternity ...) I'd've been horribly lost for ages, and it was still a pain. In fact I believe I wrote my own FAQ for the game (which probably isn't even all that correct; I should try replaying it sometime).

Amen. Snow Drop is the first and only b-game practically forced me to use a walkthrough. XP I guess I just wasn't smart enough to put all the hints together.