To Heart 2

Himeya has a preorder for To Heart 2 on their website. It’s coming out on November 25th.

http://shop.himeya.com/products/ps2_ou/to_heart/to_heart2.html

I see that it’s for the PS2 so this will not have adult content. Is there a PC (Leaf) version or is the PS2 version the only version that will be made? I’m interested in getting the PS2 version only if it’s the original. I don’t want to play it if it’s just the edited version of a PC game. Does anyone know?

Is this only in Japanese or is there an English language version too since it is for the PS2?

Of course it’s only in Japanese. Ever seen console bishoujo games translated to English? I haven’t.

[This message has been edited by Benoit (edited 10-26-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
Of course it's only in Japanese. Even seen console bishoujo games translated to English? I haven't.
Wasn't sure, I have heard rumors they are thinking of translating some games, and hey don't state it like it's obvious to everyone, if it was I would not have asked the quesiton, sorry lack of sleep makes me a little jumpy.

Bad Benoit…bad. Be nice now…

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 10-26-2004).]

Yes, this game is only in Japanese. To Heart is pretty much a classic, well known bishoujo game. I don’t know very much about the story, but the anime version has been licenced so be sure to keep an eye out for that when it hits stores. To Heart was originally made by Leaf but the story was so popular that it was made into all age versions for the PC, playstation and maybe Dreamcast too. 7 years later, To Heart 2 is being released. So I’m wondering if they decided to release this game as an original all age game, or if there is a PC version. I’m pretty sure that it’s only for PS2 but I’m not sure. You know this is a big title when they release three different versions of it for three different prices. Of course, I’d have to buy the most expensive one that should have lots of cool extras. I doubt that it will ever be translated into English. Why? Just look at the cover. We have a pretty girl looking at us, and there are sakura blossoms falling all around in the background. It’s a romantic story, has no adult content, no battle events, and it’s made for guys to play!? Not in the US, no way. If there’s no killing involved then it’s not marketable in English. Isn’t that sad.

Well I am trying to think of a way to use the sexist view that seems to exist in the U.S. with games to sell the game and think why not target, sell it to girls? If it is a romantic game, producers might go for the game being sold to girls first even if played from a guys POV. Hey I am hopeful someday it might get sold and figuring the U.S. game market is stuck thinking “guys love guns” and “girls love romance” which might be another way to view the way to sell it. Ah well it’s only a thought, a hopeful thought.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 10-26-2004).]

I’d have no problem with that AT ALL. I don’t care one bit about target audience for anything I play or watch. Let them market it to girls. I’d buy it just the same. The problem with that is that these console games are romantic “girly” games but they are created for guys so the game is played through the eyes of a guy. You make decisions on the part of the guy. You want to get the female characters to fall in love with the hero through the choices you make. Would most girls want to play a game where you try to get a girl to love you? Yes, yes, I know many who would. But, in general, it would probably be seen as a “bad idea” and be scrapped. And we already have Hourglass of Summer here. I’m pretty sure that it’s trying to target male players, even if female players would enjoy it. I think it’s really impossible. American guys like guns and violence so guys are out. Girls like romance that involves GUYS, so bishoujo games are out. We won’t see “gay game” on a US system so shounen-ai games are out. So what’s left. Possible Tokimeki Memorial - Girl’s Side. But do we see that here in the US? Nope.

you know, the release date is still unknown (in the november range but NO EXACT DATE yet, even on aquaplus’ site)…chances are himeya didn’t update yet

anyhow, even though i dont have a ps2 i ordered it and may buy a ps2 because of this title. i ordered it through sofmap:

http://www.sofmap.com/shop/product/tanpin.asp?PRDT_ID=1520972

a life-size pillowcase as pre-order present :stuck_out_tongue:

They could also sell it as controlling the guy let’s the girls somewhat see a “take” on the way guys view things and also let’s them treat “girls” as they themselves want to be treated. Okay it’s a stretch but still trying to find ways to reduce most of the friction that comes to mind.

@SCDawg

Yeah, that sounds like a stretch. To market it that way would be to change the game’s content/purpose. Not that such a thing doesn’t happen in anime dubs all the time, but I wouldn’t want to see a bishoujo game released that way.

@Lamuness

Himeya had an exact date posted, but I have no idea where they got that information. Life size pillow case? Awesome! I have to have it now! Sofmap takes orders from US customers? I know that Amazon Japan won’t ship software to the US. Getting the yen price would be better than paying Himeya’s price.

Sorry, thought it was standard knowledge around here.

So which character is on the pillow case? Sounds interesting and if I had a modded PS2 I’d really think about getting this game.

… well some of us girls like romances with girls…

Still waiting for a translation of Angelique, too.

sofmap only does local orders, i had to ask a japanese friend to order for me. i think they only had 300 left for pre-orders so you’d better find someone to order for you now before it’s all out (i hope my friend ordered it in time)

it has a clear file, postcard, memory card sticker as well for freebies but obviously the pillowcase is the main attraction (note that you have to find the pillow cushion yourself). the character on the pillow (according to sofmap’s site) will be konomi (the black short hair one)

[This message has been edited by Lamuness (edited 10-26-2004).]

@Lamuness

Thanks for the advice. I figured as much. In any case, Himeya has three different versions available for preorder, the most expensive one being 10,479 yen which is the same as the price of the item you preordered at sofmap so I’m sure they are the same. I’ll preorder it when I get home tonight. Thanks for the heads up to preorder right away. I wouldn’t want to miss that awesome item. So here name is Konomi. Kawaii!

@papillon

I know. I have female friends who like all-age and adult-only bishoujo games. I bet you like Maria-sama ga Miteru. It’s just that there aren’t enough people like you for the game companies to risk their money. At least, they don’t think there are enough.

@Wanfu2k1

I don’t have a modded PS2, but my friend has a real Japanese PS2. I’m probably going to wait for the next playstation system to come out in Japan and then I’ll get one of those. They are sure to be backwards compatible. There are lots of great anime that are made into PS2 bishoujo ADV games. Chobits, Ai Yori Aoshi, DearS, Nurse Witch Kogumi. And now To Heart 2 is PS2 only. Oh yeah, a Girls Bravo PS2 game is going to come out in Japan, too, but Himeya doesn’t have it available for preorder. I’ll ask them about it.

actually, keep in mind that different stores in japan offer different items for freebies, that pillowcase is prolly an sofmap exclusive…so i dunno if you will get the same thing from himeya

just a fair warning, but i have no idea what other stores have to offer so i dunno if it will be the same thing

[This message has been edited by Lamuness (edited 10-26-2004).]

You’re right, Lamuness. The official site doesn’t mention the pillow case. I figured out why you pay extra for the deluxe edition, though. It makes it really worth it. Besides a bunch of little extras, and an special, extra large case, it comes with the new PS2 version of the original To Heart. The website says that it’s “Powered up” by PS2. So I don’t know what is new, maybe it looks better than ever. In any case, that’s a pretty good deal if you don’t already have To Heart, and I don’t. Excellent. Oh, and if anyone is wondering about how cute the girls are, check out the lineup on the official site:

http://www.aquaplus.co.jp/th2/index.html

You taunt me with something I can never have.

No kidding Lamunes goes and taunts us with items that we can’t get. Evil just pure Evil