To Heart Manga

shrug I liked the anime as well. But then again, when I watch anime, I rarely do so with the critical eye someone writing a review would do it with. Plus, everyone knows how easily amused I am…

Only 13 shows long, well I guess it is typical these days. Thank you for the replies.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 06-29-2004).]

If you like to heart, you should give comic party a shot too. It’s based off a game made by the same company that did To Heart and there’s cameos of To heart characters in Comic Party. Plus how can you not like an anime about doujin manga

I have seen and am enjoying Comic Party but considering that is a slight spoof on many things including To Heart I was not sure if it was a good way to judge.

Speaking of Comic Party, did the translator take extreme liberties in translating the manga, or is the author actually a heavy metal fan who enjoys Slipknot and the like?

------------------
精神 の 神

True but if your a To Heart fan those cameos are priceless

As for the comic party manga which one are you talking about there’s 2 different ones.

The actual continuing story one by Sekihiko Inui from Tokyopop. Not the doujinshi ones from CPM.

------------------
精神 の 神

I know it is two different companies but isn’t releasing both the Comic Party mangas at the same time a little bit confusing?

A little, but I doubt either company would sit around and let their own release schedule be dictated by the other.

On the other hand wouldn’t be to their benefit to have different release times so someone does not pick up the wrong version? Hey people don’t look closely they see Comic Party and they get one they did not want to get and perhaps find it to be better and start ignoring the other version. Don’t know, just see it is a possible benefit to have different release times even if not the first to release.

Well, it’s beneficial for them because they want to get on the Comic Party band wagon while it’s still there. Because they want to release during a time period when it’s profitable for them. Because in a couple months the Comipa phase might vanish and they just lost their window. And since there are two different versions, one person might pick up one and think it’s kick ass and decide to buy the other version as well. Or you can think that they buy one version, think it’s not great, and give the other version a second chance, since they’re both quite different.

And manga isn’t like movies where the unmentioned underdog independent film is up against the overhyped mega blockbuster film. There isn’t much choice competition so to speak. Manga fans are just happy to get what they can, and will probably buy everything eventually anyway.

I’ve been typing long ass posts lately. Hidoi…

------------------
精神 の 神

Well since CPM’s only has 1 vol, it won’t get very confusing for long. It doesn’t really hurt CPM any if they mistakenly buy theirs instead of TPs. Plus I think they probably want their release to coincide with the anime release by TSRI which is almost done. That way they get the added buzz from the anime.

quote:
Originally posted by Seishin:
The actual continuing story one by Sekihiko Inui from Tokyopop. Not the doujinshi ones from CPM.

I have that but haven't read it yet. It's in my pile of to read manga, unfortunately that pile is rather big right now [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/eek.gif[/img]

CPM’s version is two volumes, actually.

------------------
精神 の 神