ToHeart2 PS3 edition

Months ago, Leaf/Aquaplus announced the release of ToHeart2 on PS3… with YET another girl. Now, some fresh news about the new girl has arrived~ Here follows a sneak preview of the new heroine (avoid if you dislike spoilers!!):
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/05/2…eart_2_heroine/

Tentative release date: Sept 22, 2011.

Let’s see.[list]
[]Original ToH2 = Konomi, Tama-nee, Manaka, Karin, Sango, Ruri, Yuma, Ruuko, Yuuki = 9 girls,[/]
[]X-Rated = Saaryan = +1 girl,[/]
[]Another Days = Silfa, Harumi, Charu, Yocchi, Ikuno, Nanako, Maaryan-senpai = +7 girls (Konomi’s mother doesn’t really count --though I guess one could remove Ikuno as well; OTOH, she did fall for Takaaki!),[/]
[]Total (back then) = SEVENTEEN girls.[/][/list]With Hanesaki Mio, Takaaki’s harem grows to the incredible amount of EIGHTEEN girls! >_>
Will he keep starting the game by saying how unpopular he is with girls?

Hm. Pass. I don’t know if I should categorize TH2 as a cash cow or a dead horse. :roll:

I love Sango and Ruri as much as any twincest, but there’s no change in this version that compels me to get it.

Errr… no insult against anyone who’s a hardcore TH fan though. I can see why people love it this much… I’m just not one of them. At least, not after the third or fourth “addition” they made. :expressionless:

Hey, what do we know? Mayhap this new girl is a yandere? :wink:
With seventeen rivals of whom to take care, she’d be quite busy~ Imagine a story told from her perspective, in whose chapters she’d plan and take care of a couple of rivals! :twisted:

TH2AD at least got my attention with the heroine imouto reverse NTR chapter, which was a trainwreck of bad characters and writing but managed to remain enough of a trainwreck to entertain. Beyond that, though, TH2 remains firmly embedded in the list of ‘bad sequel eroge’ for me. (with TH2AD basically being a bad sequel eroge of a bad sequel eroge soooo…)

From my perspective the best thing Leaf could do is toss this landmine out the window and get back to work on WA2CC. =P

Remember when Leaf made good games? pepperidge farm remembers
[size=50]waste of good artist[/size]

WA2IC was a good game, albeit short. WA2CC will probably be a good game and not short at all. After that they’re screwed because Maruto is apparently retiring- then it’ll probably be back to making PS3 remakes of their games, releasing Kizuato again, possibly a couple of odd silly things like Hoshi no Ouji-kun, releasing Kizuato again and maybe a ToHeart 3 where the protagonist is literally a shrivelled dishcloth and the heroines are so sycophantic you get hyperglycemia just from playing it.

Remember when F&C made good games? Or Èlf? :wink:

Okay. I admit that would make me buy it. Worked for TokiMemo4. 8)

I doubt they’d go that way though… TokiMemo4 did it rather neatly by having Miyako only attack the player, and then via “nightmare mind rape” instead of actually stabbing him. But it be interesting to see how another “sweet and happy” setting would add a yandere to the cast, without going all NICE BOAT on the masses. :stuck_out_tongue:

In both cases, before I got into eroge! (with the one exception being F&C FC03’s NAO2 Belladonna, which isn’t great but still counts as ‘good’)

All I really care about leaf right now is utawarerumono2.

Pia carrot 3 was pretty nice.
F&C sucks as they never try to keep their staff. The pia2 staff left for leaf, and the canvas staff left for cuffs.