TRAMPLE ON SCHATTEN!! - Official Thread

We are excited to finally have Trample on Schatten!! released to the world. We enjoyed our short time working with NONSUGAR when they were still in business, and are saddened by their closure.

Schatten’s development was longer than normal, in part due to the developer’s closure. During localization our team identified some content in the original Japanese release that we identified as “problematic” for our international release. JAST USA and its online storefront are located in the United States, and as such are bound by its laws. We never like removing content. When we do, our team asks one simple question: "Is it illegal or otherwise place our staff or company in legal risk?"

With this in mind, we removed a scene from our release. We failed to report this removal before the game’s release, and for this we’re sorry. This was not intentional, but instead was simply human error.

The JAST published version removes:

If you would like to return your product due to this issue, please submit a ticket to our support team by August 25, 2018 for a full refund.

We understand some fans want all of the original game content in the English/International version of the game. We also believe that these same fans will make available patches to restore that content. While we don’t officially support such patches, we won’t interfere with their inevitable release.

Hello, Nick, I’m rick12. I just want to say that at least you’re willing to admit your mistakes and are trying to resolve this by offering refunds to those who bought the game and want to return it. I commend you for that, and that you swear that this sort of thing (censorship of games and not informing consumers about it) never happens again.

That’s why you’re a very good company, and I’ll continue to support you. You’re very responsible and I understand that this was an honest mistake. You’re also one of the most adamant against censorship and giving us the best user experience, which I love. I also thank you for bringing in Starless and Shiny Days as uncensored as best as you and JAST can. Your efforts to rectify the problems shows us that you care about the consumers. Don’t be discouraged by this, take this criticism and use it to learn and be better for your consumers so that they realize that you’re an awesome company worth supporting, which I believe you’re worth supporting! Thank you, JAST, for your work, and I hope you continue your best. Hope to hear from you soon. Keep up the good work.

Thanks @rick12

So, there will be a fan patch, right? Don’t know.

rick12 said:
So, there will be a fan patch, right? Don't know.
Probably. I don't doubt one is in the works.

I can confirm that a patch that restores the cut content is being worked on.

sanahtlig said:
I can confirm that a patch that restores the cut content is being worked on.
I see, so we'll have to wait if it's actually possible to build a patch that restores the cut content then. Should wait until more information is out about it.

Some guys on Fuwanovel
(link) made a fanpatch. Anyway, kudos to JAST for being open about it (and
offering refunds). Next time, though, make sure to let customers know about the censorship before the VN is
released :+1: