Trouble with Jast

Where is Jast located? I bought something
from them using the download option.
It says you have five tries to download it.
(don’t understand that) I tried three times
with Windows I.E. and it didn’t work. GetRight won’t kick in because of the popup
that tells you how many tries you have. I
went and got Firefox so I could try and
download it like they suggested. (my download
stops after about one minute) When I went to
the download site, I didn’t have a download
listed anymore. I emailed support and so far
no answers. That is why I am asking where they are located. If they are not in the U.S.
than maybe that is why they haven’t answered.
If they are in the U.S., than the support
is terrible.
Bill

Yes, they are in the US, as far as I know. I mean, it’s called JAST USA, how more obvious can you get?

Using a crappy browser with a download manager… Download managers aren’t worth using.

Download managers open multiple connections in an attempt to get the file faster. Therefore I would not be surprised if the d/l manager caused you to exhaust your connection attempts very quickly. They’re just in general not good ideas.

Also using Internet Explorer is a terrible idea. I consider IE a security vulnerability by itself. You should seriously consider installing Mozilla or Opera. It makes you safer (and the rest of us as well).

Like I said, I have Firefox now and if
Jast would give the support they promised,
then I could try to download the file again.
However, the download manager never got a
shot at it. The popup kept the download
manager from working so I was using I.E.
download.
But the main point is that Jast did not
give me any help after several emails.
I won’t buy from them again.

quote:
Originally posted by wayneout:
Like I said, I have Firefox now

Ah. Oops. Sorry about that [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

And things perhaps are not quite their fault. J-list staff is apparently having so much trouble with email they're having issues communicating amongst themselves. Of course, this doesn't make you any happier ...

Hi, did you get this straightened out? If not, please email me personally at peter2003 (at) jlist (dot) com, and we can either reset the download counter or send our handy alternate (FTP) link. For the record, we do ask people to not use tools like GetitRight because they cause your download counter to get used up.

I got the download done.
But I played the game one time and then
saved. When I went in to play the game
the second time, it would not open.
I get an error message that says the
.exe would not execute.
I sent the error codes and all that to
support@jast.com but I keep getting the
mail back saying that the box is full.
Virtual mate or whatever the name is
can access the internet so I am not sure
what the problem is.
Thanks for the reply.
Bill

quote:
Originally posted by wayneout:
I sent the error codes and all that to
support@jast.com

i believe it should be jastusa.com and not jast.com

The above address was typed in a hurry.
I clicked on the link to support on the
webpage. It went to the right address.

Wayneout, can you email me personally at peter-jlist, domain name jlist.com ? If you give me your email address we can help you with the game. The problem is that often emails are not arriving due to the problem of spam filters. We check our mail every day and reply in a timely manner, unless the mail doesn’t reach us (or our replies don’t reach you). Anyway, give me more information and we’ll help you get the game working.

I just now sent you an e-mail at
peter2003@jlist.com
I hope this is the right email.
Bill