Tsuki: Possession (SPOILERS)

I just recently purchased and completed Tsuki: Possession. Quite an interesting title for those who enjoy the Dark Side - unlike Virgin Roster, it actually has a story.

While the morbid story isn’t on the same level as something from Black Cyc, I was rather impressed with the bad ending for Mizuki. I’ve seen many eroge end with a female cast member being “broken”, but not with the player character also sharing the same fate. Made me wonder how the two even work with society anymore: they live in a good home and wear nice clothes, but have that “soulless” air about them.

In any case, I was planning to review the title, but after doing a bit of research discovered there’s an improved version floating about (Japanese only):

Official Page
http://www.zyx-game.co.jp/newsoft/tuki_dvd/index.html

Getchu
http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=22068

Not sure if anyone here has played it, but I thought I’d ask. Adds a new character (blind miko who can sense the demon), and evidently, updates the music quality (original was in MIDI). Probably will get it regardless… but my wallet is broken until after Christmas. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yeah! Is it just me, or does that “evil spirit” rub off too much as Kengo from Virgin Roster? Probably because the translator(s) was the same… makes me want to look at the Japanese version even more, as the speech pattern for comparing that would be interesting. Still… different writers did the stories for each, so I doubt it.

[ 10-14-2006, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

My tastes range from the light side all the way to dark grey, and I tolerate/ignore total darkness. I’m complicated. Anyway, is a patch available (or in production) for those of us who have the original Tsuki?

I never really considered Tsuki before, as it’s very dark and I’d heard tale of its story not being very plausible. But some of you seem to think its story is good. Should I give it a try? Not that I’m not behind enough on my games as it is, LOL.

[ 10-14-2006, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: ladyphoenix ]

It doesn’t appear so. :slight_smile:

The plot is fairly well constructed, and each heroine has two endings (one bad, one good). Some of the good endings also have twists that are interesting. :smiley:

If you liked Virgin Roster, because of the violence, you’ll like Tsuki. If you didn’t like Virgin Roster because there was no point to all the violence (other than to inflict violence), or any way to get a happy ending, then you’ll like Tsuki because it “corrects” both of these.

At least in Tsuki you can get a bad ending. In Virgin Roster if you don’t get the girl you want you end up with the Kiyoka ending.

A new and improved Tsuki huh…
Too bad it’s in japanese…

I like the new character…but I hate the game being censored in any way.

How is it being censored?

Or are you referring to the mosaics in the Japanese version?

This is my answer. :cool:

Well, that’s the problem with Tsuki, actually: we never dive that much into what the “demon” actually is - was it really a demon, or was it just the main character’s excuse for giving in to his own dark desires, a sort of multiple personality disorder? That’s the rather disappoing thing about Tsuki, IMHO… Tsuki had potential, and had we only been shown or told more about the “demon”, it’d have been better, but instead, we’re pretty much left in the dark there and that’s a bad thing, as it’s the “demon” that is the cause for the mainc haracter’s behaviour through the whole game… sigh.

Perhaps the DVD remake fixes that with the new girl’s story arc. From her character description, she’s an exorcist and can sense the supernatural. Seems to confront the demon issue head on.

I just found a copy available, so I’ll know the answer soon. :slight_smile:

I’ll be looking forward to hear what you find out then :slight_smile: .

Same here. I tend to dislike dark-themed bgames, but i rather enjoyed TSUKI simply because the protagonist was not being himself… there was something forcing him to do that things, and he was trying to fight that. That’s a shame we never saw any results except at the girl’s endings.

Anyway, it really seems this new scenario will add something more to the story. So was really a demon who possessed him?

Like i said a long time ago, most probably that was the ghost of the protagonist of VIRGIN ROSTER who got killed by someone… :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually prefer not knowing if it was a demon or just his dark desires overwhelming him. Makes it more interesting if you have to think about it.

I would just want to imagine this demon’s visage…

I’m looking forward to hearing some small bits about this new character and what her power adds to the game. Sounds interesting.

I still can’t believe there is a DVD version of Tsuki in Japan now. Then again, DO. Released a new, updated DVD ersion of Crescendo, so it’s expected.

Now, if only we can get THSE DVDs here… it’d be great. Even if it’d never happen.

For me, I don’t like darkness, but I liked Tsuki in the way I liked Gimai Hitomi.

I may enjoy a good story, but I don’t like it to be too fluffy. For every good, extremely light hearted game there is, I must have at least one dark one. After all, I wasn’t exposed to the likes of Johnny the Homocidal Maniac, Hellsing, and etc. for nothing.

My only problem with Tsuki was that it was too much of a typical Zyx game (bang the elder lead at the start, emphasis on sexuality, etc.)… and I found Hitomi stronger because it emphasized on the mental torture of the characters.

But what I did like was Yuskue’s continuous light & dark battle, where his conscience was fighting an almost impossible battle for salvation againt an all powerful demon. Ironically, it is the women who Yusuke picks to torture that ends up saving him in the end.

My favourite endings still remain to be the Keio and the Takami ending. The latter… because of the fact that it’s the reverse at the end, and the former, because it’s the best ending of the game (but then again, Keiko’s torture was nothing… she was just exposed to a little bit o’ exhibitionism. Alright, that’s disgraceful, but it’s not as bad as enemas, or constant rape)

~

One request for anyone reading this…

Can somone please spoil em and tell me ALL the abd endings of Tsuki ? I got all the good ones, but I’m too chickenshit to try the bad endings. They’ve been rumoured to be REAL bad.

You really wanna know?

The bad endings are as follows… :slight_smile:

No respect for those that haven’t played :stuck_out_tongue: … there isn’t any point for me to get that game now is there :stuck_out_tongue:

[ 10-31-2006, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: ms308680 ]

[quote]
Originally posted by ms308680:
[b] No respect for those that haven’t played :frowning:

At least you know what is coming, even though 13th didn’t post a spoiler warning. If you read the 2nd line you should be able to tell it’s a major spoiler warning even without the spoiler message.