Tsukushite Agechau 4 Quickie review

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
Well, the next game is Shukketsu-Bo the virgin-roaster, right?
So, perhaps a suitable goodie for this game might be an inflatable doll wearing a seifuku... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

That'd be nice since my last inflatable exploded recently. Er, I may have said too much... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Yup, I think I am looking forward to Heart de Roommate quite a bit. Should be interesting.

Just Finished This Game.

I don’t know about you guys, but this title left me kind of indifferent towards it. While I liked Takano’s, Chizuru’s and Himeko’s good endings, Leo’s I really got confused because it seemed to me the endings were swapped. Chizuru’s bad ending I understood why it was bad, but it didn’t seem that bad. Himeko’s bad ending was the best of the bad, considering how twisted it was. Takano’s bad ending definitely was a bad ending.(No spoilers as to why.)

To me, this game lacked the fun that Tottemo Pheromone had going for it. I was also disappointed with the “psuedo-Harem” parts of the game, though I did like the lingerie scene.

Favorite Character: Chizuru (Guess it’s because I can relate to her the most)

Hmm, I don’t know about “indifferent”. Like I mentioned, I have mixed feelings about the game. I sort of consider Trabulance to be light-hearted in general, so I wasn’t surprised by the “bad but not all that bad” endings. I do remember laughing out loud at some parts, but I can’t remember if it was because it was funny or just absurd. (Then again, I’m easily amused.)

Yeah Leo’s ending was kinda wierd, kinda like they stole a bad anime plot ending Oh well Himeko’s the only one 1 haven’t gotten to yet but I will before this week is out

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Well, I completed the game this weekend myself. (And yes, I did start on Brave Soul. Get off my back already... :p )

Hmm, mixed feelings about the game. Yes, the storyline are a bit deeper than the other, er, "fluffy" stuff, but Takano's and Leo's endings just bothered me. Maybe because I got the other two first. But it just seemed like they threw storylines from a different genre into the game.

And I feel so silly but I actually had to use the "help" function to get the bad endings! Normally I can change a few choices and get them, but not this time. Why? Because the ending is based on what your "love level" is for a girl and my choice changes were counteracting each other! I think I've been playing too many games where the endings are based off of flags or story-branching...

Overall, a decent title but not one of the "absolutely must haves". Oh, and a few other little weird things...(just humoring myself...):

In the middle of my first play through, for some reason I start thinking "I wish there were more endings where you see their actual offspring, like that Makoto ending..."

I'm betting if they do make a related Kango title, it'll probably involve Alice...

During Leo's path, I was thinking of what other characters she reminded me of, which took a bit out of her storyline twist. You can speculate over which anime/game characters I was comparing her to...

Well, I know it's a very old thread that I'm resurrecting here, but I'm just now getting around to Tsukushite Agechau 4, and I picked Leo as my first character.

Spoilers abound in the below.

I can't just not say anything on the subject. I think you're absolutely right that they pulled plotlines from the wrong genre; a lighthearted fluffy game has no business throwing curveballs like that. The writing in this game is ... so odd; they toss serious ethical questions into a storyline that previously was pure escapism - and yet they didn't want to include actual sex scenes involving > 1 of the girls? I mean, they were throwing themselves at him so much, the authors had to resort to deus ex machinae to end the situation.

Also I'm wondering about the endings; I've heard there are 3 per character; I got her best ending, and the one where they run away. What's the other one?

Yes, some of the sotries were quite… different, but I really enjoyed the game. Much more interesting than tp IMO.

I have gotten everyones ending except for himeko which I have been slowly working on. Maybe I will finish it up tonight after I finish finals work.

I don’t think I ever got three endings for any of the girls, I only got two, one best ending and one sort of sad ending. Are there three per girl?

I can say that’s impossible because I’ve got all the cg and scenes by finishing 2 endings(except Takano coz I haven’t finished her bad ending).And the only kind of ending without cg is a no-girl ending

quote:
Originally posted by RedHell:
I can say that's impossible because I've got all the cg and scenes by finishing 2 endings(except Takano coz I haven't finished her bad ending).And the only kind of ending without cg is a no-girl ending

Really? Then the "three ending" info must be some kind of mistake. Thanks, RedHell!

It’s my pleasure to be of help