Update

Million dollars a day, over 2 billion dollars in damages. And they think most of the rest of the fires, including Simi Valley and Stevenson Ranch were caused by arson, not a wandering hiker.

And the only time El Camino will ever close is if half the state burned down. Them cheap buggahs…

------------------
精神 の 神

[This message has been edited by Seishin (edited 10-31-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by Seishin:
Million dollars a day, over 2 billion dollars in damages. And they think most of the rest of the fires, including Simi Valley and Stevenson Ranch were caused by arson, not a wandering hiker.

And the only time El Camino will ever close is if half the state burned down. [img]http://www.gexus.com/seishin/hrmph.gif[/img] Them cheap buggahs...

I am also thinking about how the insurance companies might try and stonewall on helping those that need the help until the cause of the fire is known, or are they already helping people? I remember hurricane stories from people that have lived where I am longer then I have and the horrors of trying to get the needed money from these companies.

Garamendi our insurance commish said that he would make sure no stone walling or lowballing happens.

Of course with the rains we got here lately has pretty much taken care of all the fires. Of course now without any vegetation we have to look forward to floods and mudslides.

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
Of course with the rains we got here lately has pretty much taken care of all the fires. Of course now without any vegetation we have to look forward to floods and mudslides.

Yes it is kind of a mixed blessing is it not? The possibility of floods and mudslides instead of fires, which is probably better but still damaging.

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
Yes it is kind of a mixed blessing is it not? The possibility of floods and mudslides instead of fires, which is probably better but still damaging.

It always is. The biggest concern here is a hurricane or tsunami. Both can be pretty devastating. But I think I prefer those, which have a good chance of getting a warning ahead of time and having said time to prep, to the fun and games I had living in the midwest and the occassional tornado running around.

[This message has been edited by ekylo (edited 11-03-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
It always is. The biggest concern here is a hurricane or tsunami. Both can be pretty devastating. But I think I prefer those, which have a good chance of getting a warning ahead of time and having said time to prep, to the fun and games I had living in the midwest and the occassional tornado running around.
[This message has been edited by ekylo (edited 11-03-2003).]

I use to live right along the South Carolina Coast, the area that got hit hard with Hugo a few years back and the fear was always that another big one will hit and, having moved prior to Irene I am not sure that hit the area hard or merely caused rains, but when they hit that area, they always seem to hit hard.