Update

Well, “ningen banji sao ga uma” as they say in Japan (and something similar in Chiina). All things are like Sao’s horse.

San Diego is currently in flames as I write this. My own home is in danger, and PCR, where our games are stocked, is possibly in danger, too.

Good news for Brave Soul though. Since the game isn’t back from the duplicators yet, we won’t lose our stock if anything bad happens. Now that’s looking on the bright side! Happily, all employees are safe and everything is insured.

I’ll post updates when I know more.

Whoa…let’s hope everything is okay.

Wow. That sucks. Here’s hoping there’s no damage to materials you have in stock, or any other such disaster. Glad to hear all your employees are safe, though! That’s always the number one thing…

From cnn.com:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/10/26/california.wildfire/index.html

Apparently the blaze started yesterday when a lost hiker lit a signal fire. Boy, I wouldn’t like to be him right now…

blink The term “fire sale” keeps flashing in my mind for some reason…

Just kidding. Glad that the people are safe. Thanks for dropping this little update for us Payne-sama.

Still not sure what the status is. I’ve heard that they’re battling for Vista Grande Elementary School, which is all of 50 feet from my house. Big shinpai… But it seems that it’s not going near the office, which is good there.

The fires been burning here for about 4 days here. It’s pretty bad, I’m pretty far from the fires but I can smell the flames. On friday it was like snowing here with all the ash that was falling down. Today it’s like we’re in a light fog. The fires still raging and I heard that LA unifed closed all the schools for tomorrow. Hmm…maybe my work will close tomrrow too since it’s pretty close to where the fires are heading. Gonna have to call tomorrow to find out.

Puh. I wish they’d close El Camino. Though that’ll never happen since we’re way too far from the fires. San Bernadino and San Diego are just a little too far to close the second largest community college in America. :\

Although, I am close enough to smell smoke, and have ash very lightly cover our cars. Which is most surprising, because you know it’s bad when it does that because we are helluva ways from San Bernadino. As far back as I can remember, I can only recall seeing ash on our cars three or four times in my 22 years on Earth. Although, I know that’s not saying very much. And so far, 600 something homes are gone, 200,500 plus acres are burned, and 13 people have died. Those are some serious numbers. I feel bad for the pets in those areas. I’m a big animal freak. Well, cat person first and foremost. I’m not one of those animal rights activists either though. But I do like animals. Damn, rambling again…

------------------
精神 の 神

Here are some pictures

http://www.laurapientka.com/pcr/fire/picts.html

The area is Tierrasana, a part of San Diego. The North/South 15 sign is right near my house.

Damn…

I hope everything turns out alright. Be well.

Safety too you and your family. From what I am hearing from the BBC, oddly the only news any of my professors will have on is either NPR or the BBC, things are getting much wrose. I just found these pictures too and they seem to show that as true.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/photo_gallery/3214307.stm

Once more safety to you.

Happily, everything is okay! Thanks for everyone’s concern. The fire came REAL close, but the asphalt around the school stopped it. Only ten homes in Tierrasanta burned down. Out of a total of 880 so far, that’s not bad. Thanks to everyone for their concern! We’ll get Brave Soul out soon!

Yatta! Fire-free! And now, on with the show.

------------------
精神 の 神

I hope no one is offended by black humor, but isn’t it ironic that PP should announce distribution of Phantom of Inferno on the eve of this disaster? Perhaps the Casual Romance Club announcement will herald lighter news.

Those of us in the northern half of the state who remember the 1991 Oakland Hills fire have a lot of concern and sympathy for people who are threatened in the southland. Hope everyone comes through this OK.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Payne:
Happily, everything is okay! Thanks for everyone's concern. The fire came REAL close, but the asphalt around the school stopped it.

You mean a school was actually useful? Okay, okay, just kidding...

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Payne:
Happily, everything is okay! Thanks for everyone's concern. The fire came REAL close, but the asphalt around the school stopped it. Only ten homes in Tierrasanta burned down. Out of a total of 880 so far, that's not bad. Thanks to everyone for their concern! We'll get Brave Soul out soon!

Good to hear that at least in your area the damage was minimal compared to other areas. Do they have any idea of the cause? Was it the lost hiker as thought earlier in the posts?

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
Good to hear that at least in your area the damage was minimal compared to other areas. Do they have any idea of the cause? Was it the lost hiker as thought earlier in the posts?

Yeah, they're pretty sure the hiker with the emergency flare caused the San Diego fire, and an arsonist caused the big ass fire in San Bernadino. The rest, they're still unsure of.

Quite interesting our quiet little, large state has been of late. A Mr. Universe actor became governor-elect, and now fires across the southland.

------------------
精神 の 神

[This message has been edited by Seishin (edited 10-28-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by Seishin:
Quite interesting our quiet little, large state has been of late. A Mr. Universe actor became governor-elect, and now fires across the southland.

Hopefully, both things aren't related... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Funny, never really thought of California as "quiet" really. But that's my personal problem. Very interesting reading some of the related articles. I don't envy the arsonist if they catch them...

Add: Hmm, now I hear the winds are shifting which may push the fires in another direction (eastward). This definitely is not looking good...

[This message has been edited by ekylo (edited 10-29-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by Seishin:
Yeah, they're pretty sure the hiker with the emergency flare caused the San Diego fire
Mr. Universe actor became governor-elect, and now fires across the southland.

Then, which hiker caused the fire in Simi Valley and Stevenson Ranch? ^_^ The fire had been burened for days and nights. It looked so bizarre at night. While driving on the freeway, you could see fire burning on the mountain top. The smoke created a large cloud over the region. In suthland, it used to be that you have to be lucky to see clouds. Now, you can see them everywhere. They bascially changed local weather. The day was hot and sunny few days ago. Now, it's dark and cold. It's not even winter yet. Some San Fernando Valley schools had to close down. I'm surpised El Camino schools did not respond.

The firestarter, whoever it is, is probably the mosted hated person in California right now. I heared from radio that it costs state government one million a day to put down the fire, every day! It definitely not a good start for the governer and his American dream.

[This message has been edited by Logicgate (edited 11-03-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by Logicgate:
Then, which hiker caused the fire in Simi Valley and Stephen Ranch? The fire had been burened for days and nights. It looked so bizarre at night. While driving on the freeway, you could see fire burning on the mountain top. The smoke created a large cloud over the region. In suthland, it used to be that you have to be lucky to see clouds. Now, you can see them everywhere. They bascially changed local weather. The day was hot and sunny few days ago. Now, it's dark and cold. It's not even winter yet. Some San Fernando Valley schools had to close down. I'm surpised El Camino schools did not respond.

The firestarter, whoever it is, is probably the mosted hated person in California right now. I heared from radio that it costs state government one million a day to put down the fire, every day! It definitely not a good start for the governer and his American dream.

I am becoming amazed at the rumors I am hearing about who started it and why, and that is what to me at least is scary itself all the people or types of people that are getting blamed and all the threats made against people that might have had nothing to do with the fires at all, such as I have heard out of work firefighters blamed, out of work logging people, pranksters and so on, and each time someone includes a dire threat against whoever started it, that itself is scary. Yes whoever started it, so long as it was not accidental, should probably rot in jail for a long time, but not have happen have the threats I hear these people interviewed by the BBC making even subtly.