Used games in Japan

Hi everyone. I know I haven’t been posting too much lately. That’s because I’m living in Japan now and I really won’t be buying many games on the English market. I still can’t read Japanese too well but I’m working on it everyday. I’m living in Okazaki, Aichi prefecture. There is a big used anime/game store called Comshop that is nearby my residence. They sell tons of used bishoujo games there for much less than what you can find at online stores like Himeya. Used games in Japan are just like new games. The discs are always in excellent condition and everything is included, even the ads are usually included. Anyway, has a certain game they wanted but didn’t want to pay full price for it, let me know and I can see how much I can get it for at Comshop. Of course, Japanese games only. I can buy the games on your behalf and send them to you.

[This message has been edited by bishounen_blue (edited 07-24-2005).]

Hi, Bishounen_blue! Congratulations on achieving your goal and good luck dealing with the Japanese summer. Have you been to Expo 2005 yet?

I was going to ask you to keep an eye out for Gin-Iro, but then I remembered I’ll be taking a trip to HyÙgo prefecture next year. Good luck with your studies!

The Japanese summer isn’t too bad for me. Luckily I’m staying in a dorm style room, so I can use the air conditioner without paying extra for it. Besides, I do better in the heat than I do in the cold.

I know the World Expo is in Aichi prefecture, but I didn’t go. I’ve talked to people who have been there. I guess you have to wait in line for several hours if you want to see anything good, such as Honda or Toyota’s exhibits.

Gin-Iro is a game that’s hard to find, isn’t it? I don’t know about something like that. I was talking more about any kind of normal game. Games that have “collector’s value” are still going to be expensive in Japan. In Nagoya there is a use video game store selling a second hand copy of the Sega Saturn game “Waltz” for ¥79,800. So anyway, I meant non-collector’s item type games.

quote:
Originally posted by bishounen_blue:
I'm living in Okazaki, Aichi prefecture. This is a big used anime/game store called Comshop that is nearby my residence. They sell tons of used bishoujo games there for much less than what you can find at online stores like Himeya.

Truly a nice shop! Even if, as usual, no overseas orders.
quote:
Originally posted by bishounen_blue:
They sell tons of used bishoujo games there for much less than what you can find at online stores like Himeya. Used games in Japan are just like new games. The discs are always in excellent condition and everything is included, even the ads are usually included.

Thank you for your input, however!

Should we bug you over email rather than here?

I know the PC version of Princess Maker 3 was reprinted under the PC Best label, which I would think would be cheaper and easier to find than the original release. I’m always seeing it available for the Saturn or Dreamcast or Playstation or in Korean/Chinese, etc, but the PC version in Japanese never turns up on ebay.

Crazy PM junkie that I am, I’d love to say I’d got a legit copy, even if I still can’t read Japanese.

(I’ve seen the PC Best one on Amazon Japan - http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005OKE9/ref=pd_sim_dp_2/250-8709467-1101847 - but of course, no overseas orders on software.)

not sure if i want solicitation posts on the BBS, but i think i will just move this to the off-topic forum and lock this thread since i dont want this thread to grow personally. if you want anything please talk amongst yourselves