Useful resource pages for learning Japanese

I was sorting my old mail and found one of these old emails I received from my professor. They include links to useful pages that helps you learn Kanji and verb conjugations. I think the second and third one are useful only to Mac Users, because they are mac applications (the last one is actually hypercard), but the first one is useful for anyone who wants to study Kanji.

Nakama’s Kanji study page
Kanji Invader
Vocabulary conjugation

I remember hypercard. In fact, I had a Japanese learning app in hypercard which I have no idea where I put it.

http://www.rikai.com/perl/Home.pl

I humbly submit my overview of how to learn Japanese at

http://www.peterpayne.net

Learning Japanese… and I kid you not. Watch tons of TV, whatever you can get your hands on – comedy, drama, movies – something you really like. Try to watch something you can watch consistantly. Keep a pad of paper next to the TV, write down three to five new words for every hour you watch. Try to make them words you hear constantly. The idea being, the more you hear them, the more references you have. Learn the words. Watch the show again. See if it doesn’t put another piece of the puzzle together for you.

Good luck,
Made in DNA

Well, I think this could work, but not from scratch. I f you just have the visual context, its a little bit too much guessing which word means which.
… and I doubt the efficiency of learning the grammar this way (not to mention: the counting units and the usage of the two different numbering systems.)

But in order to learn new useful vocables, your way admittedly should work pretty well.
(I do the same with the original japanese soundtracks on my anime-DVD).

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
Well, I think this could work, but not from scratch. I f you just have the visual context, its a little bit too much guessing which word means which.
... and I doubt the efficiency of learning the grammar this way (not to mention: the counting units and the usage of the two different numbering systems.)

But in order to learn new useful vocables, your way admittedly should work pretty well.
(I do the same with the original japanese soundtracks on my anime-DVD).

This is exactly how I learned Japanese. I immersed myself. Of course, it helps to live in the environment (i.e. Japan) as I did when I first started learning, but I didn't depend on anyone but myself to teach me Japanese.

Made in DNA

Different people learn effectively in different ways. You just mainly have to find the best way for yourself.

NO! I learn like everyone else! j/k.

www.yesjapan.com is a good learning tool, unfortunately it has a monthly fee tied to it but it is helpful on learning grammar.