V-Mate Bypass

quote:
Originally posted by perigee:
It doesn't sound promising for offline play. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/frown.gif[/img] As I recall, standby mode results in continuing battery drain. Not good for gaming on the road.

Yeah, it's unfortunate and disappointing, but there's nothing I can really do about it. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/frown.gif[/img] The ones that could probably benefit the most would be users that pay each time they connect to the Internet, or have a plan that allows a limited number of hours on-line. This would allow such people to minimize the number of times they have to connect, saving them money/time.

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
Well I got a deal for you and it woun't even cost you your soul. Why not just stick the computer under say the backseat of the automoble and run it from a 12 volt adapter in the car.
Ah, too much trouble for one game. I think I'll pack the bag with a few pre-VM games and enjoy them as I always have.

BTW, I may have confused the terms 'standby' and 'hibernate'. XP fully powers down when you select Start/Turn off computer/Standby. I think the option where you suspend without powering down by closing the lid - useful for moving from your desk to a conference room - is the one that sucks battery power. Does the bypass operation involve the first mode or the latter? My laptop maintains program status for a week or more on XP's standby.

It works on standby, as stated in the ‘turn off computer’ menu in the start menu of XP. It does not work if the computer hibernates. I don’t use my labtop much, so I don’t know about the power usage/heat emissions of a computer in standby (I was just taking your word for it). I do know that hibernation requires no power. But I’d be glad to hear if the standby option actually did allow a labtop to run for a week without a battery. That would certainly improve the usefulness of the bypass.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 01-10-2005).]

quote:
Woodelf's evil side Play Season of the Sakura -DOS VERSION.
Note A classic game every real B-gamer needs to play.

Is it different from the version on the JAST USA Memorial Collection? For some reason I've never been able to stay with that one all the way to the end. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/confused.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by perigee (edited 01-10-2005).]

quote:

Woodelf's evil side Play Season of the Sakura -DOS VERSION.
Note A classic game every real B-gamer needs to play.

The DOS version was the best. Falling sakura petals in the intro, and the word "girl" instead of "woman" about characters that were GIRLS DAMMIT! *Ahem*.

[This message has been edited by AG3 (edited 01-10-2005).]

Does this mean that there are no falling petals in the Windows version?

They assume you aren’t a virgin? What a disgrace! I am a virgin!

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:

Yeah. I just checked. No falling petals. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/frown.gif[/img]

I will take the game on my next trip though, so I may rejoin the ranks of real B-gamers! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/redface.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:

Apparently that effect caused the game to be unstable and crash frequently, so they axed it. At least, that's what the 3rd-party patch did; I assume that's what J-List did as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Apparently that effect caused the game to be unstable and crash frequently, so they axed it. At least, that's what the 3rd-party patch did; I assume that's what J-List did as well.

Maybe related to the other crashing bug: After looking through a set number of the girls' profiles (from the main menu), the game would crash without fail.

quote:
Originally posted by exoarchaeologist:
this is not directly related

but you did mention somthing thats been bothering me about hgames in general

as you said - takes up 50% of cpu cycles when in background

nearly every hgame ive seen has similar issue
they arent designed to have any sort of processsleep or screen synch or other kind of cycle limit, consequently they push the cpu into overactivity most of the time, even though this kind of performance is by no means needed

its kinda annoying since i play on a laptop, and cpu activity leads to heating issues

id also like to see some hgmaes that are Smarter about memory usage and cd activity
i dont like hearing the cd spin up everytime i click the mouse, considering the linear sort of gameplay it should be able to preload a lot of that stuff into memory and minimize cd access

[This message has been edited by exoarchaeologist (edited 01-07-2005).]

Acutally alot of the newer japanese bishoujo games don't eat up the CPU load. The nightshift nurses MJ game and Soul link hardly dented my cpu load when I had them running. So probably the newer batches of games that will hopefully come out soon won't have this problem.

So that’s verified now?

A download link was posted on another board I read, but I reported it to their admins and had it pulled, didn’t test to see if it actually worked.

Sigh… Once again, searching various download sites and pirate boards reveals no sign of a cracked and playable VM game. I did get word from an unimpeachable source that an unplayable crack was being circulated. Its creation may have been part of a general V-Mate disinformation campaign.

quote:
Originally posted by Velspie:
If you haven't found it you haven't looked in the last week or are using very obscure channels.

I'm using one of the central choke point channels. It's fairly obscure, but that says more about the average net user than about the obscurity of the source. The crack was posted there, but NOT a CD image of the game. The one person I know who tried the crack reported that it would not work, the game would indeed start w/o VMate but would then lock up, and it hosed his installation.

So you're right and wrong at the same time. Congradulations :D

So V-Mate begins to crash and burn, but the interesting thing is as far as I know Little My Maid hasn’t been warezed yet! So perhaps the pirates are leaving the H-game scene?

Well…it just came out. Pirates don’t generally pirate games out of spite, though they might rationalize it that way. They pirate because they can get something for free, with hardly any fear of reprisal.

quote:
Originally posted by Velspie:
no sign of a cracked and playable VM game
If you haven't found it you haven't looked in the last week or are using very obscure channels.

I'm willing to admit there might be a crack, but I haven't seen it yet. The channels I'm using list every other G-Collections and PP game ever released, but it could be they haven't received a copy of the latest cracks yet. I'll check back in a few days and let you know. I hate to sound like a doubting Thomas, but there have been so many false reports, it's hard to give credence to undocumented assertions.

i Dont know if this is the place to talk about it but there is already a crack for vm (at least for Lets meow meow) that alows you to play offline…
i dont know if this is true, i can test it because i dont have any game with VM on it…
but if u have LetsMM u should give it a try

… as any other crack, its illegal and it should be used on your own risk, i will not be posting any kind of link…

Well, for anyone who’s looking for a more morally-compatible solution, my first tester has confirmed that the bypass DOES work. It took a while because we had some misunderstandings over the instructions (these should be fixed now). The bypass seems to work with other V-mate titles besides Hitomi. I should have confirmation on this last point shortly.

My tester, who prefers to remain anonymous for personal reasons, has verified that the bypass works with both Hitomi and Pick Me Honey. This user has had crashing issues in the past with V-mate games, particularly Pick Me Honey. The user asserts that: “[Pick Me Honey] seems to crash a little bit less often with the bypass. And I tend to get more game program crashes rather than computer rebooting, compared to having VM running in the background.” Disabling the sound also seems to help, according to this user.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 01-14-2005).]

The bypass is confirmed to work with all V-mate games released at this point. Currently, two unique users besides myself have confirmed that the bypass works.