V-Mate Bypass

Preliminary feedback suggests that the bypass might lower the CPU usage % required to run V-mate games, at least on some computers. One tester reported this to me as a fact, while the other tester reported reduced crashing, which was likely originally caused by overuse of the CPU (the user’s V-mate games use 100% of the CPU for extended periods, though system specs exceeded the minimum). I have not noticed any significant difference on my own computer, but my computer is rather high-end (3.06GHz 800MHz FSB, 1024MB DDR400 RAM, Geforce4 Ti 4200 128MB model, Sound Blaster Audigy I).

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 01-17-2005).]

DAng! what games are u playing on that w/ 1 gb memory?

Uh…b-games?

Actually, I like to be able to play the newer 3D RPG’s, like Knights of the Old Republic (though this isn’t “new” anymore). Lately though, I’ve mostly been playing b-games and PS2 RPG’s, so I haven’t really been taking advantage of my computer’s specs.

If you want an ero-game that tests your RAM, try a random Teatime SIM/RPG. I tried Sacred Plume and Maiden Breeder 2, both gobbled around 1.4 GB of RAM (I have 1.5) and 1.6 GB of pagefile space (which was all I had). I think the games are SLIGHTLY poorly coded memory-wise…

[This message has been edited by AG3 (edited 01-17-2005).]

Hmm…I’ve tried Sacred Plume, and it didn’t slow to a crawl on my computer. If the game requires 1.4GB of RAM as you suggest, and since I only have 1.024GB, that would mean that the game would have been forced to use Virtual Memory on the hard drive, causing immense slowdown. I’ll have to try it again sometime and watch my system resources.

BTW, I applaud your taste in games.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 01-17-2005).]

Well, it doesn’t require that much RAM. I first played Maiden Breeder 2 back when I had only 512 RAM, and it was actually the game that caused me to realize it was time to upgrade. Teatime games simply gobble all the memory they can get if you play long enough.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
I'm using one of the central choke point channels. It's fairly obscure, but that says more about the average net user than about the obscurity of the source.

Just out of pure curosity what is the central choke points of the internet?

LMMW crashed like crazy for me. I was only able to play it by shutting down VMate after starting up and letting VMate validate me.

This experience has seriously colored my future considerations of any VMate game. I’ve now struck those other two mentioned games off my “to buy” list. Not worth the trouble. I’ll wait for something less troublesome.

@Darkstar: well, there’s a no-V-mate crack out for LMMW, by the guy named earlier in this thread. You may want to try it. I may actually buy the game now that the crack is out. I refuse to buy any VM games that don’t have a crack/patch available, because I for one don’t like to be spied on.

Down with Big Brother!

quote:
Originally posted by AG3:
Well, it doesn't [b]require that much RAM. I first played Maiden Breeder 2 back when I had only 512 RAM, and it was actually the game that caused me to realize it was time to upgrade. Teatime games simply gobble all the memory they can get if you play long enough.[/b]

That sounds more like a badly coded program that's gotta memory leak. I'm playing soul link right now and it's hardly even registering any workload on my cpu [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

On V-mate crashing, I haven't had it crash my computer once and I have LMM, Hitomi, and pick me honey.

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
That sounds more like a badly coded program that's gotta memory leak.

As I said in the post before that: I think the games are SLIGHTLY poorly coded memory-wise... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

It's not really a leak, it's more like it went the Titanic way and received a friggin' huge hole in its vital spots (the games are still great though).

But of course you register this much faster with 512MB RAM and 1GB pagefile than you do with 1.5 GB RAM and 2GB pagefile. Those Teatime games are "like 4-dimensional vortices" memory-wise(probably misquoted from a certain PP game, cookies for the first who finds out which).

[This message has been edited by AG3 (edited 01-19-2005).]

Yeah. Teatime did go crashy crashy a good bit. But I was playing it on my laptop, so I didn’t know if it was my laptop DVD software is marginal for that type of app. Works fine on other DVD stuff, but they aren’t as challenging for a drive.

VMate bothers me in that I like to break out old B-games and play them after a long time. My primary game machine will often be different from what I was using when I first bought the game. Aslo, B-Game publishers don’t tend to stick around. I suppose that if GC is out of business or no longer supports VMate, I can hit a warez site that has a cracked version then. I feel that is legal, using a cracked version of a game when I own the original. I did my part in supporting the developers, after all.

yep there is a crack out there. All i can say is thanks alot GC. You turned someone who detests pirates to the extreme into a supporter of cracks.

quote:
Originally posted by Laslow:
yep there is a crack out there. All i can say is thanks alot GC. You turned someone who detests pirates to the extreme into a supporter of cracks.

What Laslow said.......

quote:
Originally posted by RJ:
Just out of pure curosity what is the central choke points of the internet?

They exist, but I didn't say "of the Internet". The Internet itself is actually not as well-connected as people like to think. If a few backbone sites were to go completely dark simultaneously, large parts of the Internet would be disconnected from one another.

I was referring to one of the choke points for warezed h-games. Of course, it doesn't sound like it's as central as I thought as it STILL doesn't look to have been posted there (though the crack itself was, the game proper hasn't been).

Where is it? What, like I'm telling?

I just received word that the bypass works with Sagara Family, and have updated the initial post accordingly.

I’ve posted the bypass procedure at Animetric. Those interested can go here to see it:

http://animetric.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=5397

Since the bypass procedure is now available publicly, I of course am not accepting any further e-mails on the matter.