V-mate patches?

Hi Peter et al, I was just wondering what’s going on with the patches for the V-mate games? You announced the patches some time ago, do you have an ETA yet?

I’m planning to buy all of the V-M games as soon as the patches are available. I could just use the “unofficial” patches but they’re not available for all 5 games, plus I’d prefer to use the official stuff if/wherever possible.

Thanks!

I’m in the same boat as you, buddy.

Ditto, waiting on official patch info to buy FoH. (I’m not really that interested in any of the others.)

Thanks for your patience. The patches are up (see our other post) and we think they should work for all users, but of course, let us know if there are any problems with installation. Basically, the patch installers install the “raw” EXE in place of the one that requires the V-Mate loader and Internet connection.

We’ve honestly taken a big risk in releasing these patches, and I certainly hope that dedicated fans of these games will show their support now and in the future. We’re fearful that there will be a lot of piracy of the patches and the games, and it distresses us. It’s a shame the V-Mate system weren’t set up differently so that we could have kept using it, since it did serve its basic function.

Anyway, thanks for your patience. And expect more cool things from us in the future.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Payne:
We've honestly taken a big risk in releasing these patches, and I certainly hope that dedicated fans of these games will show their support now and in the future. We're fearful that there will be a lot of piracy of the patches and the games, and it distresses us. It's a shame the V-Mate system weren't set up differently so that we could have kept using it, since it did serve its basic function.

Thanks Peter! Of course I can't speak for anyone else, but I for one will keep supporting you guys, and will place my order for all 5 v-m games shortly. Thanks again!

ADD: I understand that y'all are taking a risk, and FWIW I won't share the patches with anyone - just direct them to the support site.

[This message has been edited by Nameless Mofo (edited 07-07-2005).]

Mine went in as soon as I read a confirmation on the other thread that it had worked.

(Even if there are still some issues with some games/setups to iron out, it’s clearly getting there.)

Thanks, we greatly appreciate your support.

Thanks for the feedback. We’ve been able to replicate this now (what was up before?). We’ll have version 1.1 installers up soon. (Actually, the Figures 1.1 installer is up now.)