Venus Blood -Hypno-

Will the vn "Venus Blood -Hypno-" ever be released in english? or any of its predecessors for that matter?

https://vndb.org/v15641

Check out my Venus Blood -Gaia- review.

Venus Blood Gaia: Taking Strategy Eroge to the Next Level

Non-adult mirror

Genre: Turn-based Strategy, Dungeon Defense, RPG

Venus Blood Gaia (VNDB, official website [NSFW]) is the second-most recent entry in a series of turn-based strategy games from DualTail, a subsidiary of Ninetail (known for its Machina Chronicle series). The Venus Blood series combines immersive gameplay with prolific amounts of ero focused on tentacles and corruption. With each iteration comes a brand new epic storyline, new elements added to an increasingly deep and complex gameplay system, and a wonderful new cast of female heroines to defile and bend to your will. The protagonists are typically wily tacticians who win battles against far more powerful foes through careful planning and occasionally outright ruthlessness. These aren't your typical "you can do anything with the power of friendship" storylines. Most games feature a Law and a Chaos route which determines whether the hero's ultimate goal is peaceful coexistence or merciless domination, and Venus Blood Gaia is no exception.

Gaia's features include dungeon building, ~280 different unique units to breed / employ with ~100 different customizable skills and traits, epic boss battles with up to 36 units in play, 12 winnable heroines with 5-10 H-scenes each, and a dual route storyline: Law (harmony) vs. Chaos (conquest).

If this or other Ninetail / Dualtail titles interest you, show your support by posting in this thread.

I've also just started playing Hypno. If you have questions about it, I might be able to answer.

I'm also working on translating a series of Twitter messages by Venus Blood project manager and game designer Keimaru of Ninetail. I talked with him on Twitter and he responded to my comments at length both in English and Japanese. He seems like a very reasonable person who cares about fans, and might be open to discussing an English release. I'll be releasing an article on LewdGamer covering this in the next week or so, so stay tuned.

@sanahtlig said: "I’ve also just started playing Hypno. If you have questions about it, I might be able to answer."

Does this serie story linked together or is it stand-alone? Like if HYPNOS would be localized in the West would the story make any sense whitout the other titles?

Venus Blood titles are standalone. If there's any connection at all in the setting, it's eluded me after playing all of their titles since Empire.

@sanahtlig "Venus Blood titles are standalone. If there's any connection at all in the setting, it's eluded me after playing all of their titles since Empire."

It probably follows the same formula as the Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy series, more of less the popularity of the series is just in the name.

Anyway, it would be great if more heavy gameplay oriented titles such as the Venus Blood series would be officially translated. However, it does seem that it would end up a title that would need a lot of work to make sure that it wasn't a broken mess.

The Venus Blood series games are thematically similar with similar battle systems. They're not just titles arbitrarily given the same label. The stories and systems are different enough that it's still worth playing all of them, however, unlike the Sengoku Hime series for example. I've played a little of Hypno and it looks like Ninetail has succeeded in once again improving on the formula and making their best title yet. I kind of wish the interface text wasn't so small in windowed mode, but I guess that wouldn't be a problem if I was playing in full-screen mode without a text hooker.

Hi Sanahtlig, its a bit old thread, but i just now learned about this series, and vould love to see it localized. I know that translation of this calliber game would take a lot of resourses and time, but as really complex and full of customization game, not to mention high quality cg. I am sure it would find a lot of fans in the west. Because i yet to see a similar game even among all ages games.

The trick to funding a game like this would be finding a large audience that would support this title without relying on Steam. It's possible but it would require reaching out to an audience that doesn't normally buy JAST's games. Seinarukana probably is similar in size and scope, so maybe JAST could release more games like this if it does well?

Now Seinarukana looks promising, somehow it reminds me of Brigandine, a pretty old game for ps1. And regarding venus blood: perhaps kickstarter could work for it? Althought i have no idea how much cost translating game of this scope. Can someone give me examples?

Ero-focused games like the Venus Blood series could never be Kickstarted. They have rules against ero content. The premises revolve around tentacle rape. You can't make an "all-ages" version of that.

Make our own kickstarter, with hookers and blakjack? :slight_smile: But seriously, how much cost game of this size? I tried to google it but didint found any decent answer

Ballpark estimate is $100-200k, based on other VN Kickstarters. Maybe a bit more since gameplay titles are more expensive to work on.

This much?!? How many copies must they sell to eve recuperate expances?

At $40 a sale, you'd need 2500 sales to raise $100k, or 5000 sales to reach $200k. We know that the Shiny Days LE had only 3000 copies printed, and they haven't sold out yet (but did they sell out of keychains, of which 1k were made), so we know that the Shiny Days LE has sold between 1-3k copies. School Days HQ was one of JAST's bestselling titles, and Shiny Days is the closest match to it, so that gives you an idea of just how low JAST's sales are--and why they're hesitant to take on big projects like this.