Viper Paradice Raffle

Just wanted to let you guys know that J-List is sponsoring a Viper Paradice raffle at http://www.animetric.com/contest1.html

Hey Rowena, your events cards only occassionally don’t seem to take effect at all? Don’t you mean always don’t seem to take effect at all? Because it certainly doesn’t on my Viper Paradice, nor the many other forum poster’s Viper Paradice, as seen according to the Viper Paradice Bug thread.

Incidentally,the ‘Mimic’ cards aren’t written up correctly on the insert, typical of Hobibox. the Mimic cards basically is a random event card, they each have some randomly determined effect, like some make you lose a turn, some give you money, some take away money, some make you lose movies, and so forth.

[This message has been edited by bokmeow (edited 04-08-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
Hey Rowena, your events cards only *occassionally* don't seem to take effect at all? Don't you mean *always* don't seem to take effect at all?[This message has been edited by bokmeow (edited 04-08-2003).]

I'm actually confused because when someone draws the Sleep card (in my game) sometimes they sleep and sometimes they don't... but the unlucky card never makes me lose points, and the small movie card doesn't really shrink the movies... it's so weird.

I thought at first when someone draws the Sleep card they would fall asleep too, but I noticed that was only when it happened in the Dungeon when they draw a Mimic card and it ‘acts’ like a sleep card for one turn, or if they spin the roulette and they get something like ‘the roulette wheel makes you dizzy’. The lucky cards don’t give me money, the unlucky cards don’t take my money away, the vumper doesn’t make me move only one space, the small movies don’t make my movies small, the black and white cards don’t turn my movies monochrome, the silent card doesn’t turn off the sound of my movies. Personally all I think Viper Paradice is at this point is a glorified chutes and ladders, with lots of booty to collect. I’m tempted to write this game off as a bad game, but I had fun collecting the booty and shaking dice. But the lack of event cards that have those supposed cool effects is really disconcerting to me, it takes away a lot of the fun in the game, because they just suck up slots in my inventory.

Hmm, I enjoyed it as well, and I wouldn’t exactly call it a bad game myself. I mean, the other cards that have the correct effects, even if it’s just movement, does add elements of strategy and luck to it. But I look at it kinda like how I looked at Love Love Show, which was a little more than a connect-four (er, connect-five) game. Something to play around with a kill some time, but not something that would appeal to the serious gamer or those just want to see the nudity and/or sex.

I actually enjoyed this game, despite the bugs and I highly recommend it to people who just want to have fun or want something different from the usual visual novel type of game. Of course the absence of bugs would have made the whole playing experience lots better…