Viper RSR DVD questions

Was thinking of getting the DVD version of Viper RSR but was wondering if anyone knew if the game will work on the American version of Windows XP and also if it’s regionally encoded and I would have to change the region code on my DVD-ROM?

rsr isn’t a movie right? then it should not have any region codes with it and just like a cdrom it should read on all computers (that has a dvd drive). as for english xp, i have no idea

Well if it’s an XP program then only minor tweaking with the region setting on windows and non unicode programs should be enough to get it to work. Maybe Kagami will chime in since he has a page for getting japanese games to work on XP.

Having played The CD-Rom version of Viper RSR I have to ask you a question are you getting it for the sex or the Role-Playing?

-If you’re getting it just for the sex then you should be ok, animation is Typical Sogna Quality.

-If for the Role-Playing, I’ll tell you there are a lot better titles to spend your money on. This game is severely lacking as an RPG. (Linear Storyline, No Shops to upgrade Weapons, etc,)

How long is the game? Is it another Viper “quickie” like V16 and M5? I don’t speak a lick of Japanese so that might be a problem if it’s a huge game where I have to go running around to different towns/mazes.

quote:
Originally posted by Joshi Joe:
How long is the game? Is it another Viper "quickie" like V16 and M5? I don't speak a lick of Japanese so that might be a problem if it's a huge game where I have to go running around to different towns/mazes.

It's fairly long (For a Sogna Game) finished it in 3-4 days playing about 2 or 3 Hrs a night