virgin roster and vista

What version of Vista are you using (Home, Business, Ultimate, etc)?

Is your install 32-bit or 64-bit?

Do you have the 64bit version or 32bit version though.

Yea… it should work fine for you.

Are you installing the game as an Administrator?

Just logging in with an account that has Administrative rights is not enough too: you have to “right-click” on the setup file and choose the Run as administrator option.

Try to do the same, when actually starting the game itself (i.e. “right-click” on the start file and choose the Run as administrator option).

If you guys have the download Versions do you have the V-Mate software installed?, Is it up to date? Is it running in the background when you guys start up the game? It Could be a memory issue, Vista is a memory Whore.

Have you tried running the game with administrative rights (like narg had suggested by right-clicking the game icon and selecting run as administrator) since just installing the game with those rights isn’t enough since vista is also a pig in regards to security.

I have not had a chance to get on my Vista laptop these last few days, because I left it at my other office, and it will be another week until I can pick it up.

However, I know Virgin Roster works in a 64bit environment from the CD install. I don’t know anything about V-Mate. Never downloaded anything with it before.

Will the CD work for you? I know it works for me… but I have no idea how your rig is setup, what patches you have or do not have, video card, customized stuff, etc.

The safest and most surefire way of getting any bgame to work with Vista, is to download the free Microsoft Virtual PC 2007, install an XP image, and then use that to run your bgames in. However that requires you learning and understanding how VPC works.

From what you are saying about V-Mate being the culprit: that sounds very plausible. The official word, is that V-Mate does not work with 64bit installs:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4835

While Vista 32bit is not 64bit, it has a lot in common with the old 64bit software. But that’s just me talking without any firsthand proof what-so-ever: again, I have no experience with V-Mate. Just CD installs. I will try to do some more experimenting… perhaps even buy a V-Mate game. But that will have to wait until I get my laptop back.