Virtual Mate patches (beta) now online

First of all, thanks for your patience while we got the patches created and ready for you. We believe they are ready to go, but we’d like to have the members of the BBS start the downloads and let us know if there are any problems with the patch installers on their systems.

To download the patch(es), go to http://support.g-collections.com/ and enter the V-Mate code for the game you wish to download the patch for. It should work fine (but let us know if there are problems or issues).

Of course, we ask that you do not share these patches with any unauthorized persons in any way. Piracy is a total killer for us, and it’s only through the support of kind fans like you that we can bring out more and better games. Thanks for your support!

The site wouldn’t let me enter until I turned on the cookies for it. Just a note.

quote:
Please support us further by now sharing this game patch or any English-translated bishoujo games with unauthorized persons.

OK!

Just kidding. There’s a bad typo in there.

It mentions that we shouldn’t back-up the patch. But honestly, I think it’s better if we do. The downloads are limited to 5.

There is a problem with the patch installer. My game is installed in C:\Program Files\Figures of Happiness. After having run the installer, the game still called up Mozilla to show the Virtual-Mate page.

I ran the patch installer again, and left the default path selected, hoping it wouldn’t check on the original EXE being there. The EXE got extracted in the default path. Comparing the sizes, I noticed that earlier the patch installer didn’t do its work. So I manually deleted the original EXE, and placed the patched one in its place.

The game works perfectly. Woohoo! Even when starting from the CD-ROM! I had no problems. I played until the first decision point.

Hitomi and Pick Me Honey both do not work, they give the same error message can not execute this scenario.

The rest of the games work fine if you delete the exe first.

So, they won’t overwrite the EXE normally? Hmm, they worked for us, how odd. I will look at this tonight and post when new versions are up here.

The Sagara Family gives can not execute this scenario too. The installer for the patch says Welcome to the Pick Me, Honey! v-mate patch. It says sagara Family at the top and has a pic of Ruruka.

I have been trying to put in my code for Let’s Meow Meow and it’s not working… am I doing something wrong?
Regards,
Nicole Wagner: The Deadly Gambit

You have to only input the code. You don’t have to include the game prefix, which in my case was “FIGURES” for “Figures of Happiness”.

Just the code along with the “-” symbols.

Be sure to have cookies enabled for the site, too.

Hope this helps.

Thank you sir, for taking a risk to please your fans. I know you’re not new to taking risks, as this entire business seems quite risky to me, but I appreciate this all the same.

On my next grand purchasing spree of games, I’ll definitely be getting Figures of Happiness, and possibly one or two of the other titles I wouldn’t of gotten otherwise.

Ran all 5 V-Mate patches and only Let’s Meow Meow worked all the others except Hitomi asked for server data and Hitomi gave an “unable to execute scenario” error.

I unplugged my Network cable from my roiuter to test the patches

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited 07-09-2005).]

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
Ran all 5 V-Mate patches and only Let's Meow Meow worked all the others except Hitomi asked for server data and Hitomi gave an "unable to execute scenario" error.

I unplugged my Network cable from my roiuter to test the patches

Using the methods described by Benoit, Figures of Happiness also now works....

Sagara Family, Hitomi, and Pick me Honey! all now give a "Can't execute Scenario error message

Rechecked Sagara Family and it gives the can not execute this scenario error message.

Only Lets Meow and Figures of Happiness work.

Thanks for the feedback. We’ll have new versions up soon.

I ran all 5 games and Let’s Meow Meow! and Figures of Happiness work.

Hitomi, Pick me Honey!, and The Sagara Family give me a “can not execute this scenario” error.

I only ran Let’s Meow Meow and it works fine. I will try the others as I install the games.

I just got The Sagara Family today, and tried the patch. Same problem here too. It will not overwrite the original exe file. Deleting the original first just leads to an error saying cannot execute this scenario when you try to start the game.