Virtual Mate Patches v1.2 posted

Hello everyone. We’ve posted the final (we hope) patches for the five Virtual Mate games. Could some of you try them out and see if they work for you? The URL is http://support.g-collections.com (V-mate code required to download). We think we’ve got the files working this time, but let us know if not. The installers should also overwrite existing files correctly now too (we hope).

Good job all five patches work now.

The Hitomi and Figures of Happiness patches work for me.

Thank you Peter, all 5 worked for me.

The Sagara Family will play again, but it still crashes my system. At least it lasts a little longer before crashing now.

Well, glad to hear the patches work. About the crashing problem, hmm, I would say offhand that this is unrelated to the V-Mate system running in the background, since it shouldn’t be an issue any more. Can you see if it’s still lurking in the background for any reason?

Are the games that were made with V-Mate protection ever going to be made with the V-Mate protection removed? I haven’t purchased any of them yet, but will in the near future. I was wondering if I waited, the games might already come with the patch so I don’t even need to mess with one.

from what i was told (and hence, dont take my word for it), future gc print runs will undergo a different packaging, so hopefully we do update the data on the cd as well

but again, dont take my word for it (but at least i know for sure about the repackaging part)

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
from what i was told (and hence, dont take my word for it), future gc print runs will undergo a different packaging, so hopefully we do update the data on the cd as well

but again, dont take my word for it (but at least i know for sure about the repackaging part)

Thanks for the reply. This would seem the logical way to go about it, but sometimes logic doesn't enter the equasion.

quote:
Originally posted by keller:
Thanks for the reply. This would seem the logical way to go about it, but sometimes logic doesn't enter the equasion.

With the added cost of remastering and possibly resilkscreening, it may not be the logical way to go for a limited production. OTOH, the alternative may necessitate leaving a V-Mate server online forever to perform registrations. I'm holding back on purchases until it's been decided.

Hmm…I might have to dl those patches later. No big hurry since I pretty much finished all the games

quote:
Originally posted by Bluewolf:
I've tried the bar codes on the box, the product key on the v-mate activation instruction with and with out "_". I have my cookies config to enable all. What code do I use or what am I doing wrong. Thanks.

You have to use the code that's on the back of the Virtual-Mate booklet that was in the case.
Type it in without the game code (example: don't type FIGURES if you have Figures of Happiness), and with the - (not _). That should work.

_____
On vacation

Don���t know if this was answered in another thread but how large r the patches,

as i only have dialup and 25mb files etc r out of my reach

I can only say how large the ZIP file containing my patch was: 714 kB.

I think it’s safe to say that the patches are less than 1 MB.

quote:
Originally posted by perigee:
OTOH, the alternative may necessitate leaving a V-Mate server online forever to perform registrations. I'm holding back on purchases until it's been decided.

Any decision yet on whether the patches will be incorporated in the product discs? Continued the requirement for V-Mate registration seems like an unnecessary disincentive at this point.

quote:

I think it's safe to say that the patches are less than 1 MB. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img][/B]

I think i can quite safely order some games then

thank god, havent played a new bgame in ages

Well, as promised, now that patches are available I have bought Hitomi, Figures of Happiness, Sagara Family, and Pick Me Honey. Also happy to confirm that patches for all 4 of these games seem to work as advertised.

Want to report one small problem with the Sagara Family patch. The first screen that pops up still says Pick Me Honey, and the text that says where the install directory “probably” is, still says OSANAML something. The text box correctly points to SAGARAML or whatever, and the patch itself seems to work correctly.

Just thought you guys would like to know…

Finally Have Let’s Meow Meow!!!

Patch working OK!!!

Incidentally, on the games that we’re reprinting, we’re obviously leaving the Virtual Mate requirement off. So if you buy the newly reprinted Let’s Meow Meow, Hitomi, Sagara Family etc., they will come in the spiffy new “no V-Mate required” packaging.

However, I did say before that you wouldn’t be seeing the last of V-Mate. Maybe V-Mate will be back with us again soon, as an option, of course.