Visual novel collection

Post a picture of the visual novels you have collected thus far and what is your favorite out of your collection. My favorite from my collection is Rewrite why i will say this game has some Pacing issues it is overall a great read i would highly recommend it.

collection update

collection update

Collection update

))

Collection update

collection update

Sweet collection, Makina! Those are a lot of quality titles. I don’t have a good way to add pictures, and I think overall that a mere listing of what I’ve got would be a little bland. However, I’ll mention a few favorites and a few semi-rarities.

FAVORITES:

Yumina the Ethereal – HNNNG! #tooawesome

Katawa Shoujo – HNNG! #heartattack #tooheartwarming

Nocturnal Illusion – Played through the Asenhem Project… I bought it on the JAST Memorial Collection, but that version is irretrievably broken on modern OSes

Song of Saya

Deus Machina Demonbane

Heart de Roommate

My Girlfriend is the President

X-Change 3: Yin-Yang Alternative

Higurashi: When They Cry – I like the original version, ugly artwork and all

Yume Miru Kusuri: A Drug That Makes You Dream

RARITIES and LIMITED EDITIONS:

Casual Romance Club [Limited Edition]

Girlish Grimoire: Littlewitch Romanesque [Limited Edition]

School Days HQ [Limited Edition]

Starless: Nymphomaniac’s Paradise [Limited Edition]

Steins;Gate [Limited Edition]

Cho Dengeki Stryker [Limited Edition]

Ef: A Tale of the Two [Limited Edition]

Kara No Shoujo [Limited Edition]

Kira Kira [Limited Edition – sold at conventions]

Otoboku: Maidens Are Falling For Me [Limited Edition]

Eve:Burst Error – physical edition of old visual novel from C’s Ware

Viper V-16 – old interactive movie/game from HobiBox Europe

Graduation '95 – an early visual novel published by MixxGames, a subsidiary of TokyoPop. To my knowledge, it’s the only thing they ever did. Comes with a king-sized box with absolutely nothing in it(!). Also has a hilariously bad English dub. :wink:

I also have what’s approaching a complete collection of Hirameki’s physical games. At this point, I’m only missing Tea Party of a Witch, Yo-Jin-Bo, Animamundi, and Ever17. Unfortunately, since all but the first one are just about prohibitively expensive, I doubt very much that I’ll ever truly complete that collection.

Besides the Hirameki games, I’m also currently on the lookout for the limited physical edition of the original Da Capo, which is surprisingly scarce for a game that just went out of print…

Another “old-but-weirdie” title that I would like to get my hands on purely from a collector’s point of view is Critical Point:Limited Edition, which was an aborted experiment in the earliest days of JAST’s “Peach Princess” years. Basically, they wanted to test the Western market’s receptiveness to mosaiced games, so they released this version of Critical Point and marketed it as a “limited edition,” with the argument/marketing that Western players would be getting the exact same playing experience as the Japanese audience. (Which is, of course, an argument that people frequently trot out in the “sub versus dub” debate and many other contentious points regarding localization.) Anyway, the result was that the mosaiced version was a bit of a flop, the game was re-released without mosaic, and JAST said “no more of that” from then on. However, a fair number of the “limited edition” did circulate, and I’d kind of like to have one at some point.