Originally posted by woodelf:
When it gets done. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Not a good enough answer.

quote:
Originally posted by ZEN:
Not a good enough answer.

O.K., how about:
Ask the people at rightstuf!
They are usually very eager of giving release-dates. Of cause, they aren't very often accurate, but if you only want a date they could help you for sure...

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 03-10-2003).]

They’ve had a problem with keeping any “release dates” for XC2 in the 2 years they’ve been authorized by Crowd to make it. Heck, at one time they decided Snow Drop would sell better than XC2, so they put that out. There’s been games put out by PeaPri that should not have, and XC2 is -still- in production and testing? Get a line, and make the games take a number, cause XC2 is, and has been, first on that list!

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
O.K., how about:
Ask the people at rightstuf!
They are usually very eager of giving release-dates. Of cause, they aren't very often accurate, but if you only want a date they could help you for sure...

Hmm, not sure how helpful that'd be. If I recall correctly, they still had LMM listed for release this month.

quote:
Originally posted by Shilar
Get a line, and make the games take a number, cause XC2 is, and has been, first on that list!

*blinks* Not really. Little My Maid would probably be first. It was supposed to be a "flagship" title for Peach Princess after all.

quote:
Originally posted by Shilar:
Get a line, and make the games take a number, cause XC2 is, and has been, first on that list!

Oh, the line and numbers already existed. For example in the newsletter, sent at March 12th 2002:

quote:
Originally posted by Kumiko Kamiyama:
* P004 ($39.95) Little My Maid - estimated release 3rd Qtr 2002, preorder your copy today!
(Rough translation complete. Conversion to English Windows version continuing.)

* P006-A ($29.95) Critical Point - Limited Collector's Edition - NOW SHIPPING!
(Only 300 copies will be printed.)

* P006 ($39.95) Critical Point - Regular Edition - estimated release April 1st 2002, preorder your copy today!
(Mastering process underway.)

* P007 ($49.95) Brave Soul - estimated release 2nd Qtr 2002, preorder your copy today!
(Translation, restructuring and converting of script for English version continuing.)

* P008 ($39.95) Gibo - estimated release 2nd Qtr 2002, preorder your copy today!
(Rough edit completed. Conversion for English version pending completion of other projects.)

* P009 ($49.95) Slave Bazaar - production work temporarily suspended.

* P010 ($49.95) X-change 2 - production work temporarily suspended.

* P011 ($39.95) Newscaster Mariko - production work temporarily suspended.

* ???? La Voyeur: Used Condom - production work temporarily suspended.

* ???? Little My Maid: Pandora's Box - production work temporarily suspended.

* ???? Synchronous Hearts - production work temporarily suspended.

Perhaps, you'd like to wait until "Little My Maid", "Brave Soul", "Slave Bazaar" and "Gibo" are released, right? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 03-11-2003).]

Pah… I don’t think I’ll pre-order so early anymore… I’ve been moving and changing accounts too much… (T^T)o

Allarian your game sounds more fun than Simon & Schuster’s ‘Panty Raider’ game…

quote:
Originally posted by Shilar:
They've had a problem with keeping any "release dates" for XC2 in the 2 years they've been authorized by Crowd to make it. Heck, at one time they decided Snow Drop would sell better than XC2, so they put that out. There's been games put out by PeaPri that should not have, and XC2 is -still- in production and testing? Get a line, and make the games take a number, cause XC2 is, and has been, first on that list!

Pfft. They didn't even announce Xchange 2 until after Snow Drop was released, unless I've lost my mind again.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Unicorn:
[B] until “Little My Maid”, “Brave Soul”, “Slave Bazaar” and “Gibo” are released, right?

I think the vast majority of us H-fans could care less about “Little My Maid.” Too cutesy for us pervs.

As for “Brave Soul,” well nothing beats “Knights of Xentar.”

quote:

*blinks* Not really. Little My Maid would probably be first. It was supposed to be a "flagship" title for Peach Princess after all. [/B]

I'm still amazed PeaPri would even attempt to bring LMM over to America, it's not like "The Maid's Story" was some sort of huge hit for Himeya Soft.

Of course, LMM was licensed back when PeaPri's original owners thought there was some sort of market for non-hardcore hentai game titles, which as we've seen, there isn't.

quote:
I'm still amazed PeaPri would even attempt to bring LMM over to America, it's not like "The Maid's Story" was some sort of huge hit for Himeya Soft.

Well, since many people unfamiliar with the Bishoujo game genre have complained about waiting to see more "gameplay" in their games, it's no wonder that they've selected LMM as a release here. At least, I think an ADV/SIM will do better here than a "mere ADV".

quote:
Of course, LMM was licensed back when PeaPri's original owners thought there was some sort of market for non-hardcore hentai game titles, which as we've seen, there isn't.

Who says that LMM is not hardcore? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]. If yout hink about the dark paths that there willb e in the game, thne LMM will, in a way, be more hardcore than most of the things that PP has released so far [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]. On the other hand, you're right that so far, hardcore titles seems to be more successful here than the non-hardcore ones.

• throws in the towel *
quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
* throws in the towel *

Hmm? Nani?

That means:
I resign on this thread in particular.

quote:
I think the vast majority of us H-fans could care less about "Little My Maid." Too cutesy for us pervs.

As for "Brave Soul," well nothing beats "Knights of Xentar."

Well, I don't think Little My Maid is too cutesy. There are several 'evil' things you can do...

And also, alot of H fans like kawaii girls.

And while I thought Knights of Xentar was great, Brave Soul is a MUCH newer game... not too mention it has multiple paths in it I believe.

is waiting for LMM more than any other games from PP

[This message has been edited by olf_le_fol (edited 03-12-2003).]

Thanx, guys!

The last two posts make me pick up my towel again.
(Hey, at least it wasn’t a jaw or another part of my body…)

i don’t know whats going on with PP, they haven’t given us any release dates and i don’t know why. they said BS and XC2 was going to be released early this year, now we are heading towards april, still nothing.

the only updates we are getting is about G-Collections games, like we don’t know about them already.

I just hate the fact that PP has people that pre-ordered, and want the game waiting so long without any news about the games, thats not how a consumer should do bussiness, and it will drive away customers so they should keep that in mind.

the time we’ve been waiting, they might as well send us a free copy of BS for the people that pre-ordered like 1-2 years ago.

I mean G-Collections been around less than a year, and they already have more releases that PP, that is a total embarassment to PP who’ve been around for some years now.

The only two games i’m waiting for is XC2, i don’t really care for BS anymore.

lastly, not that i want this to happen but, the way PP is going right now, they might go out of bussiness. I just have the Tingle fealing…

anyway, untill PP releases something G-C will is my number 1 sourse for games, and they will continue to be.

I really don’t think we should be comparing the release schedules of G-Collections and Peach Princess really. I’ve more or less gotten the impression that G-Collections is bigger and has a better relationship with the Japanese game companies they’re working with than Peach Princess does. Plus, we really don’t know how much work went into the titles before they “went public” and offered the games.

However, I do agree that PeaPri probably could be doing a better job of keeping at least the people who’ve had pre-orders better updated. (Not that they couldn’t keep the rest of us updated as well.)

And for the record, LMM is on the top of my list as well…

Yeah, the ‘Mosaics are the originals so they aren’t censored’ thing isn’t going to fly, people still don’t like anything blurred out even if they aren’t into the erotic scenes. One of the fundamental American principles outlined in the constitution is ‘Freedom of speech and freedom of expression’, you need only ask the person next to you to see if he likes the pictures he’s looking at is somewhat obscured to get your answer.

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
Yeah, the 'Mosaics are the originals so they aren't censored' thing isn't going to fly, people still don't like anything blurred out even if they aren't into the erotic scenes.

It doesn't fly with me because the originals were almost certainly drawn uncensored and they must be archived somewhere. They lost the original artwork because it was done so long ago? I don't buy it. That's like saying a software company can't support their own products because they misplaced the source code.

Mosaics only bother me because they make it hard to visualize the artwork. I'd rather the graphics were R-rated to begin with if it meant not having to deface the originals.