Walkthroughs - the deadly disease

Walkthroughs are one of those things you can simply ignore, not like your friend’s sister ruining the ending of a movie for you because she’s just that way. A walktrhough doesn’t force itself upon you to be read, a friend’s sister, notably mine, does.

And I too use GameFaqs, mostly once i beat a game and want to go back and get everything, or for some games, like Shining Tears so i can figure out what combinations of what smiths do what… I try to play the game atleast beat the game once though if possible before reading a FAQ.

And yea since I just posted my first FAQ there, i generally can’t be against it.

So your saying that someone saying that Bruce Willis is a ghost, may potentially spoil it for someone?

I guess im saying on the same side of things, if people discuss the game, they may accidently spoil it… (not that anyone wants to discuss Doushin) he moved my help thread and noone else but me and lamuness has posted in it…) So has anyone actually bought this game?

@ Jinnai, you obviously didn’t read the reply of mine to Benoit.

@ Peter-sama. No. You can ask for a copy to Benoit. It had the name oxar - or marutan - written on it.

@ Gambit. My new XP laptop comes first.Sorry guys. I’ll have to delay…

if italicus’ issue is about people taking our walkthroughs and claiming that they made it, then maybe we can change all our walkthroughs into pdf format or something…

… and possibly, divide them into different endings’sections, so each one can find what he needs without necessarely learn everything about the game. :wink:

I use to like the old method but nobody does them anymore for hints. Universal Hint System one reason is because the software is not free but it only gave hints that were vague to more accurate until you needed the actual answer. It was great for RPG games but not sure how it would work in the Bishoujo World where their is multiple endings and choices. But it would be neat if something similar could be implemented somehow for the Bishoujo Games.

Although, I agree someone needs to post or tittle their spoiler information. It is IMHO that Walkthroughs are needed.
I have Doushin and xc3; however, I am still working on other games atm. But, when I get to playing those games I know I will need help.
I am one of those people who needs walkthroughs or FAQ pages. While playing xc2, I spent three weeks trying to open one of the good endings. And for some dumb reason I would always make a small choice at the wrong time and end up doing a so/so or bad ending. I actually had pretty much everthing beyond ending number 7 completed, with the exception of a couple numbers. The fact is I finally got so upset at not finding new paths I sent for a walkthrough. If not for the help, I would have removed the program and decided to not play this style game anymore.
FAQ pages work for the blonde’s of the world who tend to become dumbfounded at the most strangest points. (yes I am blonde and have suffered many blonde moments; which, don’t just go away without the proverbial bat behind the head technique to reset whatever caused the glitch in our thinking process.)
So, leave the helpfull walkthroughs alone, some of us are not, nor do we hold ourselves to being, to smart to require help once in a while.