Welcome to carrot pia

"It is my sincere pleasure to present to you the complete English translation patch for the PC-FX version of Welcome to Pia Carrot!

This ADV/Dating Sim/Visual Novel style game released back in 1997 is a classic of the genre. You play the day to day events of a high school senior during summer break when he is forced to work in his father’s restaurant due to poor grades. Contrary to your expectations you have the opportunity to meet a number of young women and begin to learn something about work and life in what may turn out to be the most significant summer of your life so far.

The release includes a custom patcher for Windows that can be used to patch a bin/cue style ISO image. It also includes a super cool music dumper.

This patch has not been fully tested but it should be 100% playable. It is a little rough around the edges in a few spots, most notably the extra comics and games you can get, so please keep this in mind. Minor fixes, edits and improvements may be made later but we didn’t want that to get in the way of a playable release. Enjoy!"
Source: http://www.romhacking.net/

Damn, I always thought this was never going to be released. I was given the impression that this game’s like True Love. If it is then I’m one happy number-crunching-pervert. :smiley:

Yes it’s the same genre but much better than true love( pia carrot has less numbers and a less painfull dating system and is lot more enjoyable) its really a true gem a classic(its even got a short anime clip as a opening and prologe) .

Did anyone else have trouble with the patcher? Running the game in an emulator and allowing the emulator to autopatch, it seems to work fine, but burning the patched CD and running it in a PC-FX seems to be a no-go. Or maybe it’s some other issue.

EDIT: It’s also possible I used the patcher wrong. I created a bin/cue like they said, but pointed the patcher at the bin (since I assumed that was the file it was interested in, and it didn’t complain.

(It doesn’t really matter, though, I’m not really interested in playing Pia Carrot again. the only good f&c games are suigetsu and konakana =p)

Put the patch in the same folder of the emulator and the run the game it should work fine well at least in version 1.1.

arrr matey!

I have to wonder why someone would pick a translation project that would require the user to resort to piracy to play it.

Still, is nice to see a stat based eroge translated

You can still get copies of PC-FX Pia Carrot off yahoo auctions. Anyway, remember that this translation project is quite old.