Welcome to our new server

Well, we’ve outgrown the old server yet again, and now we’ve moved to a super cool dual 2.66 ghz job with many bells and whistles. The BBS has been moved too, hopefully without permission problems this time. If you’re able to read this, it probably went okay!

U just trying to brag to make those of us that have unl33t computers feel bad huh?

I see how it is… the corperate giant always picking on the little guy…

Making fun of us… humiliating us, causing great mental anguish or something…

I dunno where i was going with this… trying to be stupid i guess… (looks like it worked too)

quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
I dunno where i was going with this... trying to be stupid i guess.. (looks like it worked too)

On the advice of my legion of attorneys I have no comment at this time.

I have 2 comments on this…

1) That was a smooth move to this new box since I’ve been updating this page (this & a few other common pages I visit have just been left open & refreshed every so often whiel I’ve been on vacation) all day & I didn’t even notice any real issues with the site except early this morning (EST) when the BBS seemed to lag… alot… & it takes something special for me to notice on my dial-up at home…

All in all a very smooth transition though…

2) Bwahaha! (Sorry had to get that out first) If/when I ever finish getting the financing for my own bussiness together it’s going to have a few 2P or 4P Opteron 244 servers with Ultra SCSI 320 RAID & more than 8 GB of ram… But then again my startup is a LAN gaming center… So we need high end servers… It would be awfully hard to host the games people play at our location otherwise…

There’s an interesting topic to see what everybody’s PC specs are. (Especially if there’s enough of a customer base to bring over a couple of DVD-Rom games.)

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited 06-13-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
There's an interesting topic to see what everybody's PC specs are. (Especially if there's enough of a customer base to bring over a couple of DVD-Rom games.)

Hmm, don't know if I have the guts to put up my specs. As a dedicated techno-geek, I'm very embarrassed by my home computer... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

i’m not ashamed to list my specs, although it’s not top-of-the-line by any means…but it gets the job done

i have a
Compaq
1.2Ghz AMD Athlon
512MB RAM
56k modem
GEForce4 MX660 video card
your basic SB-compatible sound card
17" flat-screen monitor (NOT the 2-inch thick monitor, just has a flat screen surface)

Let’s see, what do I have? It’s semi-spectacular, but I like it though. Plus, I’m thinking of upgrading a few things, such as the video card, and the speakers. Thinking of getting 5.1 digital speakers.

MSI MS-6590 motherboard
Athlon XP 2400+
512MB RAM
56k Modem
Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer sound card
eVGA GeForce 4 Ti4200
20GB & 80GB harddrives
17" NEC monitor
32x12x40x CD-RW
16x DVD ROM
external 100MB zip drive
4.1 Creative Labs speakers

My home system is much more conservitive than my server for my bussiness will be…

My home system is a custom design with the following:

Modified full tower server case
Iwill XP333-R motherbaord (onboard hardware 5.1 channel sound with optical ins/outs & onboard IDE RAID controller)
Athlon XP 2100+
512 MB of PC2100 DDR SDRAM
Ati Radeon 8500
3com/USR hardware 56k modem
Linksys 10/100 ethernet card
TDK 24x CD-RW
Pioneer slot loading DVD-Rom drive
Internal LS-120 drive (Superdisk)
16 GB Maxtor HDD (backup drive)
Dual 40 GB Maxtor LDB HDD’s in RAID 0 (primary drive)
17" Sony Trinitron monitor (.22 mm dot pitch, but ancient today since it maxes at 1280x1024 res which is what I run it at)
Custom speaker setup

Here are my Specs: (Updated Again)

-Windows XP Pro SP1
-EPoX 8K3A+ motherboard
-Athlon XP 2400+ (2.0Ghz)
-1.0GB of PC2100 DDR RAM
-120 GB WD Hard Drive
-Radeon 9700 Pro
-Creative SB Audigy Gamer
-Creative DE5621 External modem
-Thermaltake Xaser III Aluminum Case (7 Case Fans)
-Sony 52x CD-Rom & Sony 16x DVD-Rom drives
-Sony 4x DVD-R/W burner
-Samsung 955DF (19" Flat Panel CRT)
-Logitech Z-680 Speakers (500 Watts, Baby!)

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited 07-10-2003).]

I am not ashamed of my box despite it is not on the cutting edge of the technology (it is fortunate that b-games does not require a lot of hardware)

AMD Athlon 1.3GHz
256MB RAM
HDD 30.0 GB
HDD 20.0 GB
DVD-ROM
CD-RW
NVidia RIVA TNT2 32MB RAM
El cheapo sound card (aka integrated sound card)
NEC AccuSync 75F 17" flat-screen
Redhat Linux 9.0
Windows 2000 Pro

Heres my specs:

Pentium 4 2.4Ghz 533mhz FSB
512MB RDRAM 1066mhz
2 40GB ATA 133mhz HDs
Asus Geoforce 4 Ti4400
SBLive! Sound Card
16x DVDRom ?(not 100% sure on speed)
17" Flatscreen Monitor
Running JP Windows 98SE and Windows XP Pro SP1

blink Oh yeah, I’m definitely not putting up my specs. Someday I’ll get around to updating my computer…

Hahah come one post your comp specs, we won’t make fun of you (much) It’s getting close to upgrade time for me again but I think I’m going to wait for the new AMD’s to come out first.

1.8 Athlon
768 Mb ram
All-in-Wonder 7500
21" trinitron
Phillips Acoustic edge SC
3 80gb hds
2 60gb hds
1 30gb hd
1 dvd +r +rw
1 cd-rw
1 dvd-rom

I think I’m ready for whatever game is gonna come out only thing I need to upgrade is the video card but I really like watching tv on my computer.

i really want to upgrade my video card relatively soon, assuming i will get money for such a purpose…i won’t be able to get the really new star-spangled GEForce card, but i want a TI 4600 or something

Tremble in fear and gasp in awe as you see my specs!!!

P2 450 mhz
196 ram
1 12 gig hd
1 20 gig hd
Hercules Geforce2mx 32meg
Piece of shit sound card
17" screen
40x cd-rw burner
Win 98 SE

Once top of the line…

TYAN 2390 MB
900 Mhz Athlon
512 MB SDRAM
SB Live!
Ati AIW Rage 128 (pinch hitter after Radeon fried , offered a Radeon 8500 free so probably upgrading soon.)
Linksys 10/100 NIC
8x DVD
24x TDK CD Burner
20 GB Western Digital
40 GB Western Digital
NEC MultiSync 1530W flat screen monitor

You asked for it:

Commodore VIC-20
Memory expansions VIC-2008
Memory expansion VIC2016, tuned with a dip-switch-board
Hand-made memory-join-board
Datasette VIC-2022
Color-monitor VC-1540

Errrrrm. Probably, that was the wrong system whose specs I just looked up…

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 06-17-2003).]

I think I should be worried that I remember what a Commodore VIC-20 is in the first place!

Oh, bloody well. Why not, I have no pride. Plus, as far as I can tell, I still have the weakest computer (not counting Unicorn-san’s blast from the past…) Sometimes, I enjoy being at the bottom of the pile. Here goes:

P2 266 Mhz
96 MB ram
2 HD (1 40GB, 1 80GB)
Voodoo3 card, 16MB
Yamaha on-board sound
17" NEC Monitor
24x8x4 CD Burner, 16x DVD drive
Windows 98 (not even Windows 98 SE)

So for those of you who thought your computer was a bit on the “lite” side, I hope that makes you feel better.

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
I think I should be worried that I remember what a Commodore VIC-20 is in the first place! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Oh, bloody well. Why not, I have no pride. Plus, as far as I can tell, I still have the weakest computer (not counting Unicorn-san's blast from the past...) Sometimes, I enjoy being at the bottom of the pile. Here goes:

P2 266 Mhz
96 MB ram
2 HD (1 40GB, 1 80GB)
Voodoo3 card, 16MB
Yamaha on-board sound
17" NEC Monitor
24x8x4 CD Burner, 16x DVD drive
Windows 98 (not even Windows 98 SE)

So for those of you who thought your computer was a bit on the "lite" side, I hope that makes you feel better. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

...I hope you can run Brave Soul smoothly on your machine :P