What anime taught you about foreign nations?

A fun topic I caught on 2chan. Essentially if anime was your only “encyclopedic” source, what would you know about other countries?

Me? I’ll start with Baldo’s home. :smiley:

Italy: On the surface, Italy may seem like a democratic nation, but it’s really a shadow government conglomeration that divided between secret government departments, the Catholic Church, and the Mafia.

Italy largely funds an ineffective military and domestic police. It’s sovereignty is truly ensured by incredibly armed and magically experienced vampire/demon/witch hunting organizations within the Catholic Church (various sources), and pre-teen cybernetic assassins brainwashed to obey government handlers (Gunslinger Girl). However as a signatory member of UN Spacy, it has access to reverse engineered alien mecha (Macross/Robotech) and can construct Gundams without foreign resources (Mobile Fighter G Gundam). When advanced technological material cannot be found, Italy can still produce steam powered mecha (Sakura Taisen). Furthermore, some Italian citizens are powerful experts in martial arts (Street Fighter Alpha, King of Fighters).

Because it hosts the Catholic Church, legions of vampires and hellspawn have a particular dislike for Italy (way too many to list), other enemies include radical separatist (Gunslinger Girl), and occasional “subfleets” from alien invaders such as the Zentraedi and Gamilon empires (Macross, Space Battleship Yamato). Several small villages in Italy were destroyed by spiritual martial artists who were taking a vacation there (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure).

Everyday Italian citizens are boring wage slaves and/or cannon fodder whenever one of the above mentioned threats appears. :stuck_out_tongue:

It taught me that Japan is fucking awesome and it taught me some Japanese words.

If you’re ever in Japan, no matter how tempting it may seem, stay the hell away from Tokyo Tower.

All American people are blonde.

That aliens visit or live in japan.

adding to olf’s comment: all american people are horny and have big jugs :stuck_out_tongue:

Well the Horny part I agree with.

Who said that anime have no Real Life applications :frowning:

And I wondered why the mail is so bothered going into and coming out of Italy recently…

Strange things amiss in “the boot”…

The truth about Americans… Not all of us are blonde… I was blonde when I was 1-6 then brown when I was 7-16 the my hair turned black… And I’m a guy and I speak for 90 percent of all guys when I say I’m horny 24/7… I doesn’t matter if a guy just had sex, we will still be horny!

[ 12-31-2007, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: Chibi-Chef ]

By the way… Not all American girls have big boobies just some… My girlfriend doesn’t and it’s like I tell her… MORE THEN A HAND FULLS A WASTE!!!

I like small boobs better.

Well Chibi-Chef, not all Italian girls are cyborg assassins - and not all clergy of the Catholic Church hunt vampires. :wink:

I wish they were those girls are hot and they don’t age they are my ideal girl, Cyborg Assassin’s that is. It would be cool if they weren’t assassin’s and just Cyborg loli’s.

[ 12-31-2007, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: GogetaSS4 ]

no comment on what GogetaSS4 just said…