What do you guys think of "revival" titles?

Nandemonai, the Milky House Memorial Edition contains the XP re-release of Nocturnal Illusion and May Club. As far as Nocturnal Illusion was concerned, they basically unlocked the Blacked out Pictures in the original release of the game. There’s a patch floating around the net somewhere that does the same thing to the original release. The pictures were in the games directory just not shown, but you’ll have to search for it as the website I found it on is no longer up and running.

I have it.

I assume you mean http://www.geocities.com/basftech/Patches.htm ?

It’s also got the May Club patch, but not the full one that’s on the Wikipedia article.

It really depends on the title and how much was actually revived. I’d totally go for a game that’s ‘revived’ with same storyline but brand new cg. But if the game is just repacked and rereleased, fat chance.

:expressionless:

WTF… Why didn’t they just release a patch? For crying out loud, we can’t even get it unless we order it from Japan! (which is time consuming). If they release revival titles I would have just bought that one because I don’te usually buy H-games all that much.

I think that Tsuyokiss 2 was more or less a revival or re-write of the original with an extra character (Tachibana Serebu) and the PS2 bonus Character (Konoe Sunao) thrown in for good measure. But I guess it can’t be called a revival since it takes place in the fall/winter term with totally different events. It also didn’t live up to the original.

So, I’d probably buy revival titles if I was tricked into believing it was a sequel.