What game to play next?

Early Christmas presents (from myself :smiley: ) have suddenly flooded me with a ton of new eroge, and I’m not sure what to play next. I just finished Fate/stay night, so I’d like something a little less umm… epic, just to mix it up a bit. Here’s the games I have to choose from:

[list][]Brass Restoration[/]
[]Crescendo[/]
[]Heart de Roommate[/]
[]Hourglass of Summer[/]
[]Kana ~ Little Sister [/]
[]Princess Waltz[/]
[]Private Nurse[/]
[]Tea Society of a Witch[/]
[]Utawarerumono[/]
[]Yume Miru Kusuri[/][/list]

princess waltz is like a toned down FSN
da capo drops today
so if you have the $70 usd (pretty close)
get it

I’d go with Crescendo or Heart de Roommate. Fun, short, good.

Out of that selection I’d go with Kana or Crescendo. Both are very good classic games that aren’t epic in size but very strong stories none the less.

It really depends on taste. But given your current mood, I’d recommend Kana or Hourglass of Summer.

Overall, here’s how I would rank the games I’ve played by personal preference (note I played Utarwarerumono in Japanese a while ago and skipped most of the dialogue, so it’s probably better than I recall it):

1. Princess Waltz (good balance of story and gameplay)
  2. Kana (moving)
  3. Utawarerumono (RPG!)
  4. Hourglass of Summer (novel concept, good story)
  5. Crescendo (well developed drama)
  6. Heart de Roommate (slow but entertaining)
  7. Private Nurse (some people love this, some hate it–I hate it)

YMK, Crescendo, and maybe Hourglass of Summer (though I only got through 1 path before I got fed up with the horrible DVD system).

I haven’t played Utawarerumono or Brass Restoration, and I don’t like the rest of them enough to recommend them. I’m one of the few who doesn’t like Kana though.

General consensus seem to be in favor of Crescendo, so I’ll play it next. A big “Thanks!” to everyone who helped me decide.

Utawarerumono is a great tactical RPG translated into english.
For a visual novel type of game it has a very intense war storyline
with a twist. I enjoyed that game a lot, but its not your usual visual novel.

However, I would recommend Heart de Roommate, Yume Miru Kusuri or Princess Waltz (in no particular order).
Kana is great - just a little sad for me. When I play games I want to lighten up.

And Private Nurse…uhh… dont play that one.
Its not good at all, at least in my opinion.

I strongly recommend Utawarerumono. Get the English patch from the net, despite being a Tactics RPG (those usually annoy me) I absolutely loved it. My only real complaint about it was that the H scenes could have been better handled (and that there could have been more of them :stuck_out_tongue: ).

I just ordred Heart de roommmate, Ai yori aoshi and Ishika & Honori (yeah Princess Waltz is still not available on archonia so…).

I know I don’t have to expect too much from Ai yori aoshi but since I’m a fan, i couldn’t not buy it.
Ishika & Honori was really cheap (7¬Ä) but I don’ t remember having read a single comment about this game here…
I just hope Heart de roommate is a good and fun visual novel.

… now let’s get back to LEAVES.