What happened to hentai game listings on eBay?

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:

They each received 1 bid, and once my listings receive a bid I make it a point not to end my auctions early. are you gaiaswill?

Nope not me. I don't use eBay for various reasons. One of them being the sheer amount of people they'll sell your email address too.

Anyway, thanks for the update.

E-bay does allow the sale of games listed under the name BISHOUJO and as long as the graphics displayed are not in a sexual nature (in other words, showing the back to the “X-change” case would be suicide). It will also depend on who is “stormtrooping” the listings.

[This message has been edited by rayearthknight (edited 09-17-2003).]

yeah that would make sense since they let you sell doujinshi and nude figures but you need to censor out the ‘dirty’ bits

thats probably because no-one(including ebay) knows what Bishoujo means except for us

quote:
Originally posted by exoarchaeologist:
thats probably because no-one(including ebay) knows what Bishoujo means except for us

Not to mention I've seen at least three different spellings on various ebay auctions over the past year. But I'm fine with few people knowing or using the word "bishoujo". It just increases the chances that the auction is for a legit item or at least the person involved is more of a fan than just someone going for a profit.

There is always a way to get around eBay’s policy…

I used to sell long time ago, some adult bishoujo doujinshi and all. First, I put the scan of the cover, sometimes breast showing, and it was okay until one day eBay caught on.

Then I sorta smudged or mosaic out the problematic parts and such and it worked for a while until they banned even edited pics.

After that, people got around that by using photoshop to cover up the part and make it look real or just cut the picture so it just show the parts that has no problem and that has been okay for a while until now where eBay actually hunted down every auctions with a word ‘hentai’. But now people got around that very easily and that shows how stupid eBay is (well, not stupid but that how they are not true to their words and such)…

Right now, it got to a point that where bishoujo auctions are pretty big part of the eBay now that eBay can’t easily abandon that part anymore. And just like Peter said above, they are two-timing punks :b I understand that eBay is a company and they are out to earn profits and will do everything in their power to protect themselves every possible ways. But things they do sometimes are just too ridiculous and makes me angry. And I’m sure they don’t listen to any suggestions sent by people so it makes me sad that there nothing I can do about it but that whenever eBay implements something lame, I just have to find a way to go around it (and it always work)…

Does anyone know what the creation of a BBS forum entails? Someone has approached me with the idea of tying a trading forum to my website, which doesn’t seem like such a terrible idea considering eBay is no longer a feasible place to pick up bishoujo games, but I understand setting up a forum also requires a ruthlessly rigorous screening process to make sure people on the forum are absolutely committed to trusting and honestly trading amont each other. Are there free BBS forum generators out there to take advantage of?

Oh and check out my auctions, I listed some Love Hina stuff and soundtracks that I’m moving from the house.

------------------
For Sale: Anime manga, DVDs, CDs, artbooks, figures

My eBay Anime Auctions