What happened to Outlaw Django/Zoku Satsuriku no Django English localization?

It’s been like around 5 years when you first announced that you would release it but there has been little to no news of its development. Was it just another of your scrapped Nitro+ project like with Jingai Makyou/Chaos Gate? I remember you even denied that you were working on Jingai Makyou when about its progress when you previously claimed that you shelved it due to “incompatibility with OS beyond Windows XP”.

I can’t comment on the status of the above titles, but we are working on some Nitro+ titles…

I hope that we’ll have some info out by Sakura-con or AX about the status of our projects.

Last known status update was here: http://follow.jastusa.com/post/128544859416/progresslog

Note that because Jast hasn’t updated this since September 2016, the post tagged December means December 2015. At that time it was described as “waiting on translation”. There were no further updates to the game since then. Make of that what you will, since they’re not updating that tumblr at all anymore.

does almost sound like the possible moogy/makoto combo going for tokyo necro is in the stage of becoming reality.

I call bullsh*t. I was going to play jingai makyou with a text ripper and google translator. had it installed and running on both windows 7 and 8. I only stopped because jast announced they were working on it.

Doesn’t mean there aren’t issues. You can’t tell people to switch their OS to Japanese to play a game. Some games react badly to English characters being thrown in. In short, coding work often has to be done. And for ancient games, that can turn out to be a giant can of worms.

@Nick said:
I can’t comment on the status of the above titles, but we are working on some Nitro+ titles…

I hope that we’ll have some info out by Sakura-con or AX about the status of our projects.

With AX over, I am going to cry a little bit now. ;_;

@Formlose_Gestalt said:

@Nick said:

With AX over, I am going to cry a little bit now. ;_;

There’s a higher chance of me managing to learn Japanese up to JLPT N2 then seeing JAST release Django or Sumaga till 2020 :smiley:

@Infernoplex Learning Japanese is a great adventure to undertake. Please go for it!

We should have both those games out before 2020, but don’t let that stop you.

Nick said:

@Infernoplex Learning Japanese is a great adventure to undertake. Please go for it!

We should have both those games out before 2020, but don't let that stop you.

Time's moving Nick. One year has already passed. You got one and a half year more before the beginning of 2020.

I did start learning Japanese in the meantime, though. It's going slowly, just like Django and Sumaga, so I can relate to the problem of speed :joy:
Nick said:

We should have both those games out before 2020, but don't let that stop you.

About that...