What have I done wrong?

Apparently some people have found my posts to be negative and insulting. I’m disrupting the friendly atmosphere.

What did I do? I don’t know what I did wrong. And if I don’t know, I can’t do anything about it.

I will speak for myself; I am not sure of the rest of the board.

In general, I don’t mind your posts, as everybody has his/her own opinion. However, some of your posts are a bit on the aggresive side. (Please notice, I had my own share of aggresive posts). For example:

1) Compare this post and this other post. Even though you could have answered both posts the same way, you didn’t.

2) This other posts. Notice that PeaPri has been using the same engine since it started, yet nobody thought about it. Now, compare to other boards like G-Collections or Himeya. Now THAT’s ugly.

3) Some posts, though well intentioned, they end up as flame baits. This one, for example.

Now, that does not mean you are not providing anything positive to the board. Some of your posts are funny, informative (1 & 2), and not to mention helpful.

I will say, in the end, just keep up posting. It gets really boring when everybody agrees on everything and post the same thing.

Thanks for your input, fxho.
But I do disagree on one tidbit:

quote:
1) Compare this post and this other post. Even though you could have answered both posts the same way, you didn’t.

Because the question about the patch isn’t answered in the manual. I wasn’t even sure when installing the patch myself. The installer isn’t exactly clear.

I’m still open to more suggestions/complaints.

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
Because the question about the patch isn't answered in the manual. I wasn't even sure when installing the patch myself. The installer isn't exactly clear.

The instructions to install the patch are just below the link for the patch!

"To apply this patch, extract and overwrite the contents of the self-extracting EXE file into the folder where the game is installed, overwriting any files that already exist. This update is recommended for all users."

Ah, I see… :open_mouth:
I did read those instructions, and did as they said, but still, the installer seemed confusing or something. Oh well.
I get your point now.

[This message has been edited by Benoit (edited 05-01-2004).]

Sou, Sou. Nobody’s telling you to stop posting, just to be more considerate of other people when you do.

On an off-note, when I think of Nobody as the person, that sentence sounds weird.

------------------
精神 の 神

That’s the problem, and why I told everyone right off what I have. I have Asperger’s Syndrome, so it’s not always easy to be considerate to others. Even harder on the net.

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
That's the problem, and why I told everyone right off what I have. I have Asperger's Syndrome, so it's not always easy to be considerate to others. Even harder on the net.

Yes, I recall you mentioned that when you first introduced yourself. I know I've tried to give you allowances for it, but even then, I'll admit that some of your posts rub me the wrong way. It's hard, but knowing something intellectually doesn't divorce emotions from it and people will react. It's human nature.