What i think Bishoujo games should be more like

What you want sounds like more animation than interactivity. The choices sound good, though.

Well, who knows there already are such games, but they haven’t been translated yet.

Clicking through is only boring if the story is boring. Get a good story, and you won’t mind.

If there’s something I would change, it’s making them more like RPGs, where you can walk around and talk to people. It doesn’t have to be an RPG at all - just the interface and movement. Shouldn’t be too complex to program too.

I would also like more interactivity with the games. I have enjoyed and continue to play the more interactive games like a True Love, Princess Maker, and Brave Soul. Even games with a great story like Crescendo that are a click fest game just don’t seem to have the same replay interest for me. I’ve seen interactive games in Japanese but I guess the American companies don’t feel there is a market for them.

Little My Maid looks to have simulation elements. What are your preimpressions of the game?

The biggest problem with adding more images and decision points is that someone has to draw/program them. The quality of individual b-game pictures is higher than individual anime or even manga drawings. Developers could spend twice the time writing a game, but then they’d have to charge twice as much for it to get the same return. I imagine advances in CG animation may make it easier to generate extra frames, but some of the artistic element may be lost if it becomes too automated.

quote:
Originally posted by keller:
Little My Maid looks to have simulation elements. What are your preimpressions of the game?

*_*

:D

XD

@_@

^______^

8D

It’s the best game I’ve ever played. Testing is going well – as well as can be expected when there are 1800 files to test…

Oh… Torture us… Hurry up and get the darn thing out! I’ve only had it pre-ordered for months now

But it’s good to hear that it’s a top notch game. A lot of what seems to have been coming out lately has been kind of “eh” in my book.

quote:
Originally posted by Wolfson:
Oh... Torture us... Hurry up and get the darn thing out! I've only had it pre-ordered for months now [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Beginner!
There are people who have it on preorder for several years already... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by keller:
I would also like more interactivity with the games. I have enjoyed and continue to play the more interactive games like a True Love, Princess Maker, and Brave Soul. Even games with a great story like Crescendo that are a click fest game just don't seem to have the same replay interest for me. I've seen interactive games in Japanese but I guess the American companies don't feel there is a market for them.

Actually, there are A LOT of japanese bishoujo games with more interactive or animated elements. The rich Simulations from Elf (Dokyus/Kakyus, Isakus/Kisakus, etc) and F&C (Pia Carrots, Natural series, etc), the fantastic RPGs from Studio E-Go (Men At Work Series, Castle Fantasia series, etc), the fully animated bgames from Ainos and Sogna, all of them are pretty good examples. Try to search, and you will find a lot.

If *ANY* of these bgames ever be translated, will be a dream came true to many of us non-japanese speakers Bgamers. But unfortunately that's almost impossible. Why? Who knows... I believe there are 3 possibilities:

1) Such games more interactive are very hard to translate.
2) The japanese makers are not interested in the american market, because or they have profit enough in their market to not to care about other market, or they think their bgames are too much "japanese" for us to handle.
3) There's no english market enough to try others more interactive genres.

I really hope someday this sad reality changes and we can have some more interactive bgames translated to our PCs, DVD-players or even Consoles.

(For now, i can't wait the release date for LITTLE MY MAID ^^)

Don’t forget Alicesoft, the king of “playable” games.

I’m having a blast with their newest game, Rance VI, right now actually

Softhouse Chara is also a promising contender. While they still pale in quality to the fare that Alicesoft brings out, both Label Justice and Cave Making Dragon were pretty fun games.

I’m not too crazy about Studio E.go! though.

I’m certain that there is a market for more interactive games like RPGs and simulations. Look at Brave Soul. Look at the general opinion of bishoujo games average people have “click click boring” “eww text adventures” “no animation WTF” etc.

I’m not asking for animation of CGs. Just sprites and an environment with some interactivity.

quote:
Originally posted by Ex-S Woo:
Don't forget Alicesoft, the king of "playable" games.

I'm having a blast with their newest game, Rance VI, right now actually [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

How i could to forget Alicesoft?! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/frown.gif[/img]
And Giga-soft, and Zone too...

Yeah. Japan really have many great makers for interactive bgames, but our main question remains: when we will see translated some of their works?!

I don’t mind lack of interactivity, as long as I like the characters/story.

The Haru no Ashioto english demo had no interactivity, and I still liked it.

Same with a lot of other games I play.

Alicesoft has some good rpgs that I would love to get an english release of.