What question would you like to ask Bishoujo game compan

The subject says it all. Discuss. You are allowed a maximum of 3 questions, and if a question has already been asked, don’t post it but formulate another one.

1. What was your motivation for raising capital toward formation of a company involved in the English localization of Japanese Bishoujo games?

2. Can you describe the process that takes place and the problems that materialize during the localization of Japanese Bishoujo games?

3. Where do you see the Bishoujo game market outside of Japan going in 5 years, or in 10 years?

1. How do you manage keep the games original? Like different from what’s already done.

2. How many people work on a game in the whole process from beginning to end?

3. What do you think about all the piracy? And what do you do against it?

1 What are you’re thoughts on more freeformed gaming as opposed to the multiple tracks apporoach?

2 What do you have against flat-chested women?

3 Considering the success of ‘Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball’ have you ever considered making a 3D game?

"2 What do you have against flat-chested women?"

errr, although I worship oppai myself, there are companies out there that make nothing but loli/flat chested girl bishoujo games…

1. Are you single? No need to ask Laumness. We already know the answer. -_-
    2. What’s most difficult task from making games?
    3.Do you make games based on potential customers’ feedback or you interest?
quote:
Originally posted by Weiser_Cain:
3 Considering the success of 'Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball' have you ever considered making a 3D game?

There are companies that make 3D games already Forester, Illusion etc. Also Illusion is making a knock off of doaxv called Sexy Beach 2. It might even be so similar as to come close to breaking copyright laws. They have almost identical gravitures and the island is almost the same. Maybe it will be doaxv done right [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img].

http://www.illusion.jp/IndexFS.html

I think he meant: “Considering the success of ‘Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball’ have you ever considered making a 3D game in english?” Or maybe that’s what I wouldn’t mind askign them…

Unfortunately I suck at languages other than english… Probably would have done better if I’d learned them at 5 or something, now I’ve taken 5 years of french lessons (I live near Canada so it made sense at the time) & I can say all of 4 dozen words & about 2 dozen phrases… So even thinking about actually learning Japanese is out for me… Well at least til I cna learn languages Matrix style…

While I like some of the current games, I’d like some greater variety…

Cool, keep those questions coming, and try to stay relevant to the topic, I don’t want this thread to turn into another unrelated topic thread.

just to reply Weiser_Cain’s email on a very simple question, oppai is the japanese slang for “boobs”

Bring on those questions, bring on those questions. Webmasters and webmistresses, players and haters, all of you post your burning questions to Bishoujo game companies!

1.) What part of your games do you think, appeals most to your customers?

2.) Which of your games do you expect to be most successful as located versions on the western market? And why exactly those?

3.) Would you like to employ a gaijin?

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
1.) What part of your games do you think, appeals most to your customers?

2.) Which of your games do you expect to be most successful as located versions on the western market? And why exactly those?

3.) Would you like to employ a gaijin?

Unicorn, just wanted to let you know the correct way of saying 'foreigner' is 'Gaikokujin.' 'Gaijin' is a derogatory term, that's what my Japanese instructor told us.

Keep those questions coming. I’m not asking this frivolously, because there may be an interview if the major Anime websites for news and resource express interest in linking to one or mirroring one.

1. Why–specifically–haven’t we seen big name titles like Kanon or To Heart? (I mean the specific companies’ specific reasons, not just generic from-the-ass-of-a-regular stuff (yes I know most of that comes from me. Shut up ^^))

2) Where is the piracy problem worse, here or in Japan?

3) What is the most important element of a good bishoujo game?

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
Unicorn, just wanted to let you know the correct way of saying 'foreigner' is 'Gaikokujin.' 'Gaijin' is a derogatory term, that's what my Japanese instructor told us.

I`m living in Japan and the truth about Gaijin being an insult is true and it isn`t. Gaikokunjin is the most polite way to refer to someone from another country. But must Japese us gaijin out of old habit and don`t mean anything bad by it.

Yeah, it’s like our euphemisms of today in the English culture. Such as the terms “handicapped” or “crippled” are no longer polite terms and now we have to use “handi-capible” or “physically impaired” or some bullshit like that. Personally, I don’t use most euphemisms of today and I’m not going to try delve any deeper because it’ll just piss me off even more. I’ll just say this, just for the hell of it. You’ll know a euphemism when you hear one when you hear a term that has more syllables than it used to have. Like from “shell-shock” to “post-traumatic stress syndrome.”

I should keep on topic, but I can’t think of any questions at the moment.

quote:
Originally posted by Skyrocket:
Gaikokunjin is the most polite way to refer to someone from another country. But must Japese us gaijin out of old habit and don`t mean anything bad by it.

I thought so, but I wasn't sure about it and thus kept my mouth shut.
Actually, I used that word intentionally and quite aware of its negative connotations. I wanted to express: "I am aware that you would always regard me as a gaijin, so that would be no surprise to me and I don't mind that."

After all, I think that the partially insulting meaning of "gaijin" applies to me as well. I even thought about buying and wearing the "Hen na gaijin" t-shirt from JAST, but the colors didn't suit my taste.

My instructor says she used to use it too, but after she became an instructor she became adamantly opposed to using ‘Gaijin’ because she understood the etymology of the word a little better.

Anyways, guys, stay on topic. Questions, questions.

I’ve already made 3 questions but here are some more:

1. Why are there so little lesbian-only games?

2. If there was no more censorship law, do you think that all games will lose the mosaic instantly?

3. What do you think about the fact that some of these games are changed (removing the mosaic) for the foreign market?

4. How long does it take to make a game?

5. Do you put things in the game that you don’t like, but do it anyway because it sells (lolitas, rapes, etc)?

I’m resurrecting this topic on a mission. Anime News Network and Anime News Service basically snubs us after repeated email, so if it’s ok, we Bishoujo game websites might have to mirror our review contents if Peter agrees to an interview when his hectic release schedule slows down. It’s to help the scene gain exposure, I think it will be beneficial. So, with that in mind, interview questions for Peter.