What the hell? I don't want piracy!

quote:
Originally posted by Computermania:
I post my e-mails here but, I don't received those e-mail it... I might received before but I just don't open. I open only trusted people.

*shrug* I've always kept my email posted here, mainly because there have been times and instances where someone didn't feel comfortable posting a question to the board and wanted ask someone directly. I think I get an average of one email a year where someone is asking me for a copy of a game, but that's about it.

To be honest I am surprised and yet greatful there are not more people asking for games here, other then the one asking for a game very recently, I honestly don’t remember anyone within about six months posting a notice outrightly asking for a game. Or have those messages just vanished very quickly?

Well, you’d think (hope?) that most people are bright enough to work out that the company board is not the best place to ask people to pirate the company products.

OTOH, shareware authors report that people write them all the time with requests along the line of “I like your game but I don’t have any money… Will you give me a free copy?” What are they thinking, precisely? What business person is going to just hand you free product?

(Now, if the person is willing to offer goods in kind, that’s different. I’ll gladly trade my products… For very little sometimes, even, if the person is friendly and entertaining enough to talk to.)

quote:
Originally posted by papillon:
Well, you'd think (hope?) that most people are bright enough to work out that the company board is not the best place to ask people to pirate the company products. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Actually I would figure they might think this is the ideal spot to ask, what a better place then one where the games are sold in the first place. Those posting must have copies they own, and maybe they just might be willing to give a copy to someone else.

Okay that would be very stupid, but given some other stupid things people do along a similar fashion this would not be a huge surprise.

quote:
Originally posted by papillon:
Well, you'd think (hope?) that most people are bright enough to work out that the company board is not the best place to ask people to pirate the company products. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

You're making sense again...