What would you like to ask Bishoujo game licensees in an

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
So, what kind of questions do you want to ask Bishoujo game licensees?

Well bokmeow , I want to ask Bishoujo game licensees these questions :

1) How much does it cost to translate a B-game?

2) How much work force would be needed to finish translating a B-game in 1 month? Cause I heard that in Japan the average releases in a month is 40 B-games. A way lot more than English B-game releases.

3) How do they determine how many copies they would create? Do they determine this by previous sales or by the adult male population? Or do they include the adult female population as well.

4) How do they choose the next title to release? Do they choose the game based on the story or do they do a survey in japan on what are the popular titles?

5) Why not create their own B-games? I know it is harder than translating a game but wouldn't they get more profit if they create their own?

6) Why don't they give free demos or let people download free demo's of B-games in their website so that more people would be aware that these games are not just about sex and therefore serve as advertisement for these kind of games? Of course, the demo's should be censored so that it wouldn't be offending to kids . I ask this because in the website of trabulance you can download a demo of the game.

That pretty much all of my questions, but if I come up with a few more questions I will post it again.=)

Hey bokmeow, I was just wondering wheter or not this questions will be answered? If B-game licensees answer the questions, PLS. tell me the answers.

* bows down to bokmeow begging for the answers*=)

I can answer the part about demos. The main issue we have is bandwidth. We get a ridiculously high amount of bandwidth per month and that’s only for basic site usage. We have considered in the past about posting demos but they are too big and will cost us even more extra bandwidth.

quote:
Originally posted by dexter:
Hey bokmeow, I was just wondering wheter or not this questions will be answered? If B-game licensees answer the questions, PLS. tell me the answers.

* bows down to bokmeow begging for the answers*=)

To answer your question, Peter informally agreed to be interviewed a while back when I followed up on the subject with him, but right now he's travelling so when he gets back, let's see if there's a followup.

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
I can answer the part about demos. The main issue we have is bandwidth. We get a ridiculously high amount of bandwidth per month and that's only for basic site usage. We have considered in the past about posting demos but they are too big and will cost us even more extra bandwidth.

It would be cool if someone would the resources to burn CDs to distribute CD demos of the game at conventions, I think it would be a huge hit. I did get a disc of demos when I asked, um, 'Kumiko' for one, but the main problem is these demos were not yet announced as licensed, so it would only add fuel to an unnecessary fire. Plus they were designed for Japanese OS, so there were a number of unpleasant crashes or lockups.

Personally I think demos of announced games are a lot more productive, and they had better be games that are actually being worked on. The deluge of announced titles was just ludicrous 2 years ago, and then they all vaporized save a few.

the problem is…there aren’t that many cons that peapri attends, mainly only AX and comic-con are the two that peapri will most likely attend. They are both in the summer, so we are pretty much dead fish for the rest of the year particularly winter when it’s not the anime con season at all

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
I can answer the part about demos. The main issue we have is bandwidth. We get a ridiculously high amount of bandwidth per month and that's only for basic site usage. We have considered in the past about posting demos but they are too big and will cost us even more extra bandwidth.

SOB?! and I was very enthusiastic in getting free downloadable demos.

*kneels down and starts praying for a miracle*

Why God??? I haven't been a BAD boy!!! Why can't I get my free demos????

*Gets up and starts destroying everything in sight*

ARGHHHHHH!!!! I want my free demos ASAP!!!=)

I'm just kidding!!!! Hehehe =)

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
There is no God on this board, just lovely Goddesses. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Well, there was one. But he self-destructed in frustration after ladyphoenix-sama began to resurrect his victims (= kittens)...

=====================================

Back to the topic of downloadable demos:
Maybe, you can grab a demo of the japanese original here.

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 10-20-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
Well, there was one. But he self-destructed in frustration after ladyphoenix-sama began to resurrect his victims (= kittens)...

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 10-20-2003).]

Who was the the "God" here before he self- destructed??? Are you referring to Dave E??

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
There is no God on this board, just lovely Goddesses. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

[/URL]

Who are they??? I will start building each one of them a shrine!!!!!

* prays to the goddesses *

Thanks for hearing my prayers!! Hehehe!!

quote:
Originally posted by dexter:
Who was the the "God" here before he self- destructed??? Are you referring to Dave E??

No! This self-destructing and kitten-smashing god remained nameless.

Dave E actually was nominated as the third of our goddesses triplet in his identity as Kumiko-sama, but disappeared at ther same time because he quite work at PeaPri.

The other two are ladyphoenix-sama and Rowena-sama. Rowena-sama never officially accepted her goddess-status. So that leaves only one true goddess here for worshipping...

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 10-21-2003).]

Stay on topic people, stay on topic.

And Lamuness, speak up when you think some questions are too sensitive. Act like a moderator and don’t be a ninja, don’t be only voicing your concerns when someone visits the IRC.

my voices is too official in this place so that’s why I keep quiet. Honestly I don’t really mind because I know Peter (or anybody for that matter) will filter out any inapproipiate questions.

I just thought of a new question:

Would game licensees be selling Bishuojo trading cards, toys and collector’s items in the near future??

I would definitely love to collect this kind of stuff when waiting for new releases.

Hmm, good idea. I don’t know about trading cards, but I’d definitely be interested in posters, T-shirts, calendars or suchlike.

I think those would be good sellers to a lot of people, question is, and it depends I guess on the images and wording they use, but might they make this so perhaps they would not only sell it to the fans of the games but also to other anime fans who are not aware that the poster or whatever featuring the character they are buying has starred in such a game? If they could somehow pull that off it might make it more profitable for them, make them more willing to do something like this?