What would you recommend?

[list]
[] Ever 17[/]
[] Chain - the lost footsteps[/]
[] Snow Sakura[/][/list]

… and if you can play games on your PC that are supposed to be run on a Win95/Win98-system, then the two following ones are strongly recommended too:

[list]
[] EVE Burst Error[/]
[] DiviDEAD[/][/list]

Wow, you sure bought quite a few in at one time. Based on what you really liked, I too would recommend getting Snow Sakura. While I haven’t played it (since the translated version isn’t out yet), based on what I’ve seen and heard I would suggest pre-ordering Family Project.

I have to agree with all of these. Ever 17 and DiviDead especially.

If you don’t mind importing some Japanese titles and using fan made English patches, that can open up the doors to a lot more suggestions as well.

Critical Point
Private Nurse
Gloria

I would add the two Collections. One has Seasons of the Sakura, the other Nocturnal Illusion. Both are good.

Then after that I would add Tokimeki Checkin!. If you liked Heart de Roommate, you should give this one a look.

You may like Snow Drop. It’s hard to say whether it’s actually worth playing anymore, since it’s so old. But I really liked it at the time, it was one of PP’s first games ever released, and though I couldn’t say what I’d think of the game should I play it again now, it’s worth a look.

Snow Drop is a very challenging game to play. IIRC, you will need to map out where all the characters are during a particular stage of the game if you want to advance to the last 2/3rd of the game— or be willing to use a walkthrough. It has been years since I played it, but it is more in line with Sagara Family rather then something on the level of YMK (although the “true” ending was quite nice and felt deep due to the amount of work I put into the game to get it). It’s basically a romp with snow bunnies on most of its story paths.

I didn’t see “Little My Maid” mentioned. It has a strong fantasy theme to it, so if you like fantasy storylines, that’s a good one to check out.

Critical Point has a lot of different stories in it, and your main character is a SF investigator, trying to figure out what is causing all sorts of trouble at a moon base.

Chain is something you should look into. Your character is a private eye on a case. Very strong on the story and PI atmosphere.

Ever17. Find it. Buy it. Play it. If you like stories, Ever17 has that in spades.

I’d second/third/fourth etc, Ever 17 and Snow Sakura - they are both worth playing and are similar in many ways to the games you really liked.

Second recommendation on both Critical Point and Chain (and most of the other recommendatins as well – Ever 17 is awesome).

I do NOT recommend Little My Maid. It’s too similar to other games you listed as having bored you. Large parts of the game are extremely repetitive, and I don’t feel it ultimately works.