Whats the deal with Pulltop?

Well Princess Waltz went on sale back in December 2008 and at the time it was pretty big news since it was considered a game from one of the top makers in the industry, so the impression was that if it went well that we would get more from Pulltop (Will brands). Seeing as it has been over two years now, I suppose Pulltop wasn’t pleased with the sales of Princess Waltz because I haven’t heard of anything else from them.

I figured if it went well, it wouldn’t be too long before another would get announced. I doubt Jast will actually comment on this, and I will mention that I don’t always keep a sharp eye on developments in this industry. So, i’m inclined to believe that Pulltop is hesitant to do anything else. Thoughts?

No clue but I did buy a copy of princess waltz xD

That’s the first time I bought something from jastusa.

Haruka ni Aogi is PULLTOP’s best eroge and the one they were considering, but then things went south, there was the big blowup in the eroge industry and all of a sudden they began to see Miyabi’s youthful charm in a different light.

Or maybe they just forgot about it =P

I do recall something about Shingo asking forum members what titles we were interested in, and he mentioned a few that they were looking into. I seem to recall one (not sure if it is Haruka ni Aogi or not) that involved the protag living in an apartment building with a few girls, and the manager was a younger woman or something? My memory is hazy, but I do know for sure that it was posted somewhere on the forum here.

To me it seems like Princess Waltz may have not sold as good as it was desired to be sold at.

Nope, that’s Sekai de Ichiban NG na Koi, an eroge by Hermit (probably one of Will’s most unusual brands, although all their games are highly regarded)

I found the thread.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4867

Now I wonder what happened to ALL those titles… Looking over it again I do remember Shingo saying the talks was mostly preliminary, but to bring it up on the forum you would think they were feeling confident about at least one of them…

I would love to Jast USA go after Haruka, it looks like a really good game, along with Bullet Butlers by Propler

According to Egs Bullet Butlers is their worst game.

Worse than Tekoire Princess? Jeez… I’m a bit harsh on Bullet Butlers given that it came after Ayakashibito but isn’t quite as good, but still, it’s not that bad.

EDIT: Or do you mean out of Bullet Butlers, Sekai de Ichiban and Haruka ni Aogi? In that case, I’d agree that Bullet Butlers is the worst game out of the three. That’s a selection of three incredibly good eroge, though, so this in no way derides the quality of Bullet Butlers, a highly enjoyable eroge.

Seems I was wrong about lowest rated…

I’m seriously surprised that it has a 78 average while ??? has a 73…

So my bad I guess ;_;

What are your first impressions on http://erogamescape.dyndns.org/~ap2/ero … game=14857?

Asairo is one of those games with an inexplicably low rating. Go figure

Best refeia art I’ve seen yet. The opening movie and trial are both very strong as far as presentation goes and the story seems interesting enough. Looking forward to it.

If I’m not mistaken, JAST always explains to their Japanese partners, that b-games are in a very infant sales stage in the English market. I recall reading somewhere, that JAST has lost potential titles, because of the “real numbers” JAST reveals to them about the situation. That being the case, Pulltop should have been completely prepaired for low sales on Princess Waltz, if that indeed was the case.

Nonetheless, JAST doesn’t release their sales numbers, so we have no idea if Princess Waltz sold great or not. We also can’t dismiss that other factors could derail translations: the shadow of Equality Now still lingers even today (though they’ve moved on to new issues since 2009). On the other hand, JAST has a slow turn rate with title releases, so it’s very well possible there’s another Pulltop in the pipeline… just many months delayed in that pipeline. :stuck_out_tongue:

Only JAST knows the truth… so it’s all speculation… :lol: