What's the status of the Family Project translation patch?

The “preliminary” patch appears to have only corrected the 'It’s over 9000!" remark. From what other people have said on the board, there are serious issues with the translation aside from that. This really disappoints me, because once upon a time, when G-C was a seperate company, Peach Princess always did a much better job at that sort of thing.

I have been holding off buying the game because I’m waiting for the patch. Is it still in the works?

Somehow I doubt that going through a ~2MB script looking for typos and other errors on a game which has been out for 6 months in order to get 5 or 10 more people to buy the game when they are working on new stuff is much of priority. Seeing that they can say they already “patched” it with that patch that fixed 5 errors more or less I would not be surprise if they never get around to going through the full script since that cost would likely not be worth it at this point.

It’s a shame, the script is pretty messy. But it is completely understandable, more or less. I read fast so I don’t even notice most typing errors, but there are a few glaringly bad ones. Crow spelled croad, womewhere, among others. I’d get the game anyhow, it’s a good game, it’s a shame to miss out on it, with or without it’s flaws. I am really hoping they never use this translator ever again, and even a distant hope that a better patch will come out. Well, it’s your choice in the end.

The biggest tragedy is that the game they had to pick to give a subpar translation to was Kazoku Keikaku, a title that had already been delayed for years for retranslation (I can’t imagine how bad the original translation would have been). Should have gotten the person that translated Yume Miru Kusuri, which I’ve heard very few complaints about.

Kazoku Keikaku really is a fantastic game. It may not be the best eroge ever but it is without a doubt a 90+% game and there are so few of those…

Which is why I’m annoyed I haven’t bought it yet. But if I play the game, then they fix the translation - honestly, I’ll have already played it, so likely I won’t replay just for the translation patch.

Well As long as I get translated games I don’t complain much. I guess the staff is working on newer projects so going through a full script recheck isnt that feasible. Anyways I played the game, and although there were some glaring errors, they can be accepted. They should just get better proofing done in the future.

I really hope Peter is reading this and gives a response. I really wanted to play Family Project as well, but the translation was just so bad… I have lost a lot of faith in JAST with this release.

Well, they did promise a second patch. However, they didn’t promise the extent of the fixes, so they could just get off easily by releasing a second minor patch. I don’t think enough people care at this point for them to put much work in it. Unless it’s utter Engrish, most people seem perfectly willing to accept bad translations.

Just forget it now…
It doesn’t really matter… except if the patch removes Matsuri’s pantsu :slight_smile:

Just heard back from Lamuness via PM … he said it was OK for me to post the gist of it here, so here goes. (This isn’t an exact quote.)

facepalm

Family Project is just turning into a bigger trainwreck. :lol:

Let’s see if they can recover with Demonbane.