When there'll be something new in H games?

Hi everyone !

I wanna know when something is gonna move in the world of English translated H games ?

I mean, in japanase, we’re able to find some games like Battle Rapper (a fighting H game), DB VR (a “resident Evil” like … don’t really know how to define it, but it really look like Resident evil ! lol) or even Des Blood 3 & 4(the sequels of DBVR !)

There all in 3D, they have great graphics … and you don’t have to make choices … 'cause they’re not interactive books !

i love what Peach do for their customers … but sometimes, some “fresh air” can be better than the same systems !

thanks for listening to me …

SnAkE

We’ll see new stuff when the market gets bigger, which would mean more companies would be interested in it.

hi benoit …( yo french or something ? benoit is a french name :wink: )

Maybe they’re not interested 'cause they don’t know how big is the impact of these games in other countries …

Just for example, look at the Japan Expo in france … some thousands of visitors … and there were a lot of H and Bishoujo games at this expo ! and i’m not quite sure, but there’s some like this in germany and USA … WE GOTTA MAKE NOISE !!! Maybe they’ll ear us ! lol

My family line descends from France, yeah. I live in Belgium.

Interesting… Still, the sales don’t reflect this enthusiasm. And as long as we can’t show the Japanese companies that the genre does sell well, there’s not much chance…

And the games don’t sell well because it’s a sub-market within a sub-market. I’m sure that there may be some people who don’t like anime at all who may buy bishoujo games, but for the most part the people who like bishoujo games like anime. Bishoujo games are anime-style after all. Anime is getting to be pretty big in America but there are so many anime fans that I know who won’t even touch H anime. So of course they don’t want bishoujo games. I believe that the market potential for these games is pretty big, but the problem is that they are almost invisible to consumers. Only people who know where to look will find them. You won’t see them in normal stores, even stores that sell H anime. I have not even seen them in most anime specialty shops. I was in one anime specialty shop that was selling Snow Drop for $50 long after its price had been reduced. I know a lot of people know of bishoujo games, but not too much about them. Ads in Newtype would do wonders, but I’m sure that Newtype won’t allow any H contents in their magazine. In any case, there is a serious lack of awareness about these games. I’m sure that’s more of a problem than an actual lack of interest.

I can’t tell for other countries than france (sorry, that’s where i live ! lool) but i know a lot of stores that sells H-games like they sells anime like Saint seya !

and everytime i’m going to one of these stores, they use to tell me that they’re selling a lot of H games … more than other games/anime …

And the problem is that the manufacturers can just translate their softs in english … Japanese people speaks english a lot, and 3/4 of the world speaks english too … it’s just a question of writing that could be good for their banks account ! LOOL

hummm …dunno if you understand me ('cause i’m tired !!!) but i can understand myself, and it’s good enough ! lool

(en plus que je parles pas souvent anglais, je crois que je me debrouille bien ! lol)

well, japanese may speak english alot and use alot of loanwords from foreign languages, but i can tell you for sure that in general they still suck at it, big time (no offense to the japanese people). and usually they are too embarrassed to communicate with their poor english; i have had experiences on that myself. That may be part of the reason why they keep the market to themselves, and i seriously doubt they haved the power to translate into decent english by themselves.

and france (and the rest of europe) may be more “open” to sex than north america. The US may be a “free” country but there are still religious fundamentalists who are heavily influencing the society into thinking that “sex is bad”. in canada (where i live), customs are very strict (very anal to be honest) with importing adult materials into the country, so there is very very few stores here in canada that carry stuff like this.

like bishounen_blue said, more exposure would be nice, but given the adult nature of
these games it will be difficult. the best way is to get people to loosen up on their minds.

>(en plus que je parles pas souvent anglais, je crois que je me debrouille bien ! lol)

nah, your english is fine, and i can read your french too (i prolly cant write well though). i think your english level is better than the japanese standard.

Your English is very good, snake75, don’t worry about it. All it needs are some capitals here and there. glares at Lamuness

J’ai compris ton franÁais. Je note dÈj‡ que tu a oubliÈ “ne” de “ne … pas” comme chaque franÁais.
Je suis francophone.

Wee Wee

Great. You’re all taking me back too many years when I actually had to speak French.

America is a pretty uptight country when it comes to issues of sex, so it’s going to be a tough row to hoe in order to get bishoujo games out onto the open market. Most mainstream stores that deal in anime still don’t tend to carry a lot of hentai anime, although a few are getting better. But it seems that word of mouth and accidental discovery are the main ways that bishoujo games are found in the US at the moment. I have a friend who has heard me talk about them enough that he took the trouble to do a little internet research–I was a little leary, since I know what kind of misinformation is running around, but at least he’s curious enough to want to try out a game or two. But he’d have never even heard of the things if I’d never mentioned them–even though he’s a fan of anime.

I’m pretty sure that he Japanese companies that produce the games in the first place aren’t so rolling in money that they want to sink a lot of it into making English versions of the games for a market that is that obscure. Not without a fairly solid promise of some sort of return.

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
*glares at Lamuness*

dont make me peel your eyeballs out :P