Where did you find your avatar?

This may sound stupid, but where does everyone find their avatars?
Perhaps you make them yourselves?
If so, how do you go about doing so? I’ve never tried myself.

I’m just wondering 'cause I’ve been surfing around the web and can’t seem to find any decent sites. :expressionless: I used to know of some good sites too…

I make mine. It’s easy: just find an appropriate picture and use any picture editor (I use photoshop and paintshoppro).

I see. So, I just need to get a picture editor. :stuck_out_tongue:

I usually think of the character I want, and google search it. It takes about 10 minutes to sift through and pick all the candidates. Then I look at what I’ve saved, and choose one of them, usually at random.

Just took a screenshot and cropped it.

i had a manga artist draw me.

i drew mine myself from scratch :stuck_out_tongue:

I found a picture I liked, and cropped it to fit the necessary dimensions.

I took some sprites from any video game website, and anime from any video. I edit them with Photoshop and ImageReady.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Kind of hard to remember now, but I took it from either from Jlist or the old Peach Princess site, then stored it in Photobucket. Learning to do all this required a horrendously long learning curve for me, and I’m still not sure I understand how I did it. My theory of computer use is to just keep clicking until something happens.

Screenshotted, cropped, and added trasparency.

Usually, I make them from screenshots.
Then, when I began to cross projective geometry with Paintshop Pro, they even came alive! :wink:

You draw very well :smiley:

Ehh, so most people just make their own. I guess that makes sense though. After all, you’re more likely to get what you want.

Sometimes that’s the best way to learn how to do something. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: