Where's the happy?

SPOILER WARNING!!!

How come all the latest b-games have been filled with unhappiness? They used to be really light hearted, what happened?

Crescendo- the girls’ feelings get smashed regardless of ending

I am Gonna Server You - General unhappiness about dying and two of the scenerios don’t make any sense.

Heart de Roommate- Nice and funny then they blew it with Asumi’s illness, what a downer of an ending.

Where has the happy gone?!

-Seether00

[This message has been edited by Seether00 (edited 03-07-2004).]

Read this thread. The tendency is for tearing sad stories, as far as ren’ai games is concerned. (note: the games which the article talks about are “Kana” [and not “Hana”] and “Kimi ga nozomu eien”).

------------------
“What is love if not painful and tragic? It’s just boring.”
- Elaine Barlow -

I still recommend getting it. It is really funny most of the way through.

I just wish they would translate happier games but it looks like they are going in the opposite direction.

-Seether00

At least no one died in Heart de Roommate. Remember, sickness isn’t eqaul to death. She might be able to stay alive for another 50 yrs for all we know…:slight_smile: even though a couple endings of the game did give me heart-wrenching feeling…

[This message has been edited by Noirbo (edited 03-04-2004).]

SPOIL-O-RAMA!

Wish I hadn’t read that comment about Heart de Roommate, having not played it yet…

Maybe some spoiler warnings are necessary at the beginning of your original post.

Boy, it’s been awhile since that thread. I’m amazed you remembered about in the first place Olf-san. I barerly remember conversations last week, much less a thread from two years ago…

Er, and yeah, that was a bit of a spoiler wasn’t there. Though I personally didn’t think Tsuku 4 was that bad though. It was more about the will to go on living. Sort of like when a patient is told they only have X amount of time to live but to go on to live much longer than that. (Of course Tsuku 4 also through in a bit more “fantastic” elements into the story…) But off-hand, my guess is the Bunny 2 will be more lighthearted in general.

Personally, I don’t mind unhappiness here and there in the games. It makes it a bit more “real” to me. When everything is all bright and cheery, more often than not, it seems like “fluff” to me.

Seether00 (or a mod), please Edit your top post (click the icon with a pencil) and add a spoiler warning!