Which G-Collection games had Virtual Mate?

Does anyone have a list of which G-Collection games had Virtual Mate, or is able to point me to where I may find such a list?

The One’s I can remember that had Virtual Mate would be The Sagara Family, Let’s Meow Meow and I think Pick Me Honey! not sure if the last one has it but I’m pretty darn sure. Also The Sagara Family and Let’s Meow Meow are both great Games.

Hitomi My Stepsister did too, it was an option in installation…

i think most of gc games had a download version for purchase; why dont you just go to our product pages and see if u can select download as one of the purchase options?

If your talking about the original virtual mate 1 games then four of them have already been mentioned the fifth and final one is figures of happiness.

I bought the Sagara Family and Let’s Meow Meow. Back then and I had to deal with Virtual Mate which was such a pain.

I have to ask 'cos I’m buying some second hand copies, and frankly, it would be a bit of a nuisance since I have no internet connection at home… I just walk 15 minutes to the Uni to check my emails and surf the web there.

Yeah I know, I’m a goddamn hermit :o

Do you want to conjure up a repetition of the original big V-Mate-wars?

First, I want you to realize the difference between then and now:

G-Collections left their customers only two choices:
[list][]buy the game and accept the system for playing[/][]forget about the game.[/][/list]
In addition to that, the games were still sold on CD/DVD - which would only be useable with an online-connection for playing. That would be an absurd combination for computers that were without an online-connection, but capable of reading media.

With the current system, customers have three choices:

[list][]The not-buy and forget-about-the-game works still quite the same - as it did already for games without V-Mate before[/][]If the customer buys a game that is on a medium (CD/DVD), that game can be played without requiring an online-connection to the V-Mate-Server.[/][]If the customer buys the game as a download, he also has to bear with the V-Mate-System.[/][/list]
So, the BIG difference here is that the customer can choose if he is willing to accept the V-Mate-System with its possible though yet unknown and probably not existent side-effects, while the old G-Collections simply forced the system onto its customers without any communication/information about it beforehand and a general silent-treatment to complaints/concerns when the cat was out of the bag. Starting it all as a plain lie towards the customers by first declaring the V-Mate-System as a carrier for special service to the customers before it was made clear that it became a prerequisite for playing every upcoming new game from them didn’t help the customer’s attitude back then.

If G-Collection’s fall was actually related to the introduction of V-Mate-1, then it was at most to blame on their lack of communication and PR-work which actually provoked the boykott of their former customers.
In every official declaration so far, these two things are not linked, though. Instead it was communicated that the V-Mate-games sold well and CD-Bros just had to quit the international business because of financial problems. I’d guess, their return-of-invest was too low, compared to their costs of maintaining their monthly release-schedule!

If your second-hand-copies would be still legal and complete copies, then they should also contain the V-Mate-info and thus contain the informations that you’d need for downloading the official anti-V-Mate-patches from G-Collection’s support page.
Thus you could download them at the Uni and take them from there back home - assuming you have an USB-stick and are allowed to attach it to the computers there.

[ 12-10-2007, 07:48 AM: Message edited by: Unicorn ]

Well, it looks like the question may be moot now, it’s been close to 10 days since the person’s last reply, so I guess he either no longer wishes to sell them, or he passed away.

Call me morbid, but I always assume the worst. I assume every plane travel I make to be my last, then feel eternally grateful that I arrived safely at destination.