Which G-Collection games?

Finally I’m getting my first G-Collection games - Horny Bunnies is a no-brainer, but which of these other two would you good people recommend, given the criteria detailed below?

Private Nurse - this looks gorgeous and got an excellent review at animetric.com, and the only thing holding me back is that there’s only three characters to interact with, significantly fewer than some of my favourite titles (TCI, True Love May Club). How does this affect the depth of the gameplay/CG count?

Tottemo Pheromone - I like the character designs, and with six or seven of them to interact with, I would assume that it has more endings/reply value, though not necessarily more depth. One aspect concerns me; how often does this sort of thing happen? I realise that some of you may not be bothered by this, but personally I find it distracting and not particularly ‘artistic’. If there’s too much of that, then Tottemo is a non-starter.

Sorry to be anal about a couple of things, but these games aint cheap and I want to make the right choice. Suggestions please?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Interzone (edited 04-13-2003).]

Personally, I liked Tottemo Pheromone better than Private Nurse. Tottemo Pheromone is a lot lighter and more comedic, and if Do You Like Horny Bunnies? is a no brainer for you, than Tottemo Pheromone is your obvious choice.

Hmm, I’m like Doug-san, I enjoyed Tottemo Pheremone more than Private Nurse, although Private Nurse had a deeper storyline. (Sorry, Hiro just annoys the blazes out of me.) But some of your specifics…

Private Nurse does have a decent CG count, although they tend to be minor variations of the various images and because of the randomness of the sex scenes, can be a bit of a chore to get them all. Not sure what you mean by depth of gameplay, but it’s an average path length and decent complexity. The basic path logic isn’t too complex but it’s not a cakewalk to get the endings either, especially if you’re going for the two different Maria endings. (Or at least it seems that way from the questions I get.)

Tottemo Pheremone - It’s very similar to Horny Bunny in general game setup. (I joked that if I didn’t know any better, I would have thought HB was a Trabluance game.) There’s a bit of complexity in getting all the images, but not anything too difficult, plus there’s the “hint” feature. Um, not sure what part of that image is bothering you though. (I can think of three things off hand, but this post is getting pretty long as it is.)

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Not sure what you mean by depth of gameplay, but it's an average path length and decent complexity. The basic path logic isn't too complex but it's not a cakewalk to get the endings either, especially if you're going for the two different Maria endings. (Or at least it seems that way from the questions I get.)

Sorry, never explained it too well. You hit the nail on the head for the most part, but also how involved in the game one gets, plotting and characterization. My reading up on the two games suggests Private Nurse was slightly more serious, though my concern was that with only 3 characters the length and complexity of the game would suffer. I think Tokimeki Check-In has spoiled me, as it seems to be the benchmark by which I'll judge these snazzy 'next gen' games.

quote:
Um, not sure what part of that image is bothering you though. (I can think of three things off hand, but this post is getting pretty long as it is.)

Again, sorry for my lack of clarity. I'm referring to the self-censorship technique on show, which I personally think renders that image extremely fugly. In all honesty, I'd probably prefer a mosaic. I mean...what the hell are they licking?! It's hideous... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img] Are there many images were the technique is applied?

Thanks for your opinions (and Doug too)!

No problem. If I don’t clearly understand what someone’s asking, usually I’ll mention it or try to restate the question a bit. That’s to make sure I’m really answering your question and not heading off on some wild tangent.

Heh, TCI does spoil one a bit I guess. Private Nurse does have stronger plot and characterization than Tottemo, but that’s the general nature of the game. And while there’s fewer overall paths, the touches like the after diaries and the random scenes do add to overall gameplay length.

Okay, I understand your issue with the image now. And yeah, I find it a little distracting as well. (To me it looks like that “magic shell” chocolate ice cream coverings where someone melted the ice cream underneath…) I know there were a couple of others. The one I can think of off-hand is one where Silk is in her “fairy” mode. I’m sure there’s others but I’ll have to wait till I get home to check.

quote:
To me it looks like that "magic shell" chocolate ice cream coverings where someone melted the ice cream underneath...

Heh, now it's my turn to be confused...must be an American thing (I'm British) [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

quote:
I know there were a couple of others. The one I can think of off-hand is one where Silk is in her "fairy" mode. I'm sure there's others but I'll have to wait till I get home to check.

That would be extremely helpful, thank you.

The thing about Private Nurse that somewhat dampened my overall experience was how dragging it got after the 30 game days you have to “try out” Maria. Otherwise it’s an excellent game. Getting Maria’s “true” ending is tricky…

quote:
Originally posted by Interzone:
Heh, now it's my turn to be confused...must be an American thing (I'm British) [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Magic Shell is a chocolate syrup that you pour over ice cream and it'll harden in a few seconds. Very entertaining. :shrug: I get amused by some of the most trivial things in life. I always stick my ice cream back in the freezer for a minute, so that'll harden even more, whenever I use Magic Shell.

Heh, sorry about the “magic shell” reference. But that’s what I think of when I look at those images.

Anyways, that type of censoring isn’t that prevaliant. About 4 out of the 81 CG’s (although each CG could actually be a sequence of images) are like that. Besides the ones we’ve mentioned, there’s another from Ayumi and one for Kaori, although the way Kaori’s is composed, it’s a little hard to tell.

Oh and I think I might have been a little wrong about the Private Nurse path’s being about average length. It’s probably longer than average, at least judging by how far I got into the path last night when I was just speed reading through. But that probably shows how involved I got in the storyline considering I didn’t really notice how much real time it took to go through an individual path.

So far DOR is the G-Collections game that I like the least… didn’t help that it was so short that I finished it during my lunch break.

quote:
Originally posted by rowena:
So far DOR is the G-Collections game that I like the least... didn't help that it was so short that I finished it during my lunch break.

Are you keeping it or interesting in parting with it? I'm looking for a DOR.

quote:
(Sorry, Hiro just annoys the blazes out of me.)

What have I ever done to you :P.

Back on topic, I would agree with those here that choose Tottemo Pheromone. While I liked Private Nurse better based on your tastes I think that TP would fit best [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img].

quote:
Originally posted by hiro:
What have I ever done to you :P.

The first thing in your first post is this? Okay I'm kidding. Nodody-san was always saying similar things to me... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

quote:

Back on topic, I would agree with those here that choose Tottemo Pheromone. While I liked Private Nurse better based on your tastes I think that TP would fit best [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img].

Actually, I belive Interzone-san did end up ordering Tottemo. Hopefully he enjoys it.