Which game to license? (UPDATED POLL)

I think it was more a combination of the popularity of the original game, the anime adaptation and the Internet that made Fate/stay Night a well-known name (as opposed to Realta Nua, the non-ero remake)

Please give your support to SEKAI. There’s not many guys interested in this game lately. :wink:

By the way, It’s a little late, but even so… [size=120]WELCOME BOARD!! [/size] :smiley:

Yeah Sekai needs support.
At first I only voted for haruka because I tought Sekai was a sex romp, but since it’s not the case I want both Sekai and Haruka :slight_smile:
(no rapes and cute girls => you have my vote :))

Still I don’t want to complain, but curse you damned Raidy II who will come before those games ! :lol:

So uh… Do any of these titles actually have any chance of coming here?

Well, they’re Will titles, and JAST/GC/PP (my catch-all name for the Payne zaibatsu) have worked with Will before, so yes, there’s a definite chance. Shingo wouldn’t have listed those titles if there wasn’t.

There’s simply no guarantee.

Some additional tidbits for people like me that want to know how long they can expect to spend on a particular eroge.

From this list of titles, showing how much actual text (not counting comments and scripting) exists in each title (in the Japanese language, typically 2 bytes per character):

Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashino - 3.85mb
Sekai de Ichiban NG (dame) na Koi - 1.81mb
Bullet Butlers - 2.35mb

Some other games you might know, to give you a bit of a comparison:

Kana -Little Sister- 0.68mb
Yume Miru Kusuri - 1.34mb
Kanon - 1.50mb
AIR - 1.69mb
Planetarian - 0.15mb
CLANNAD - 3.91mb

In short, all three suggested games are fairly sizable, and Haruka ni Aogi is over five times the size of Kana -Little Sister- (and nearly as long as CLANNAD).

The longer the better :slight_smile:

Thank you.

Now I see why Narg needed so much time to repay his debt :wink: .
I do know very well how much huge my beloved Dea Ex Machina (3.81MB) is, never imagined that Haruka was bigger :shock: …
I’m MUCH more curious now, I want to see this one translated 8) !

Well from a presentational standpoint, Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashino is really two b-games in one, thanks to the whole “pick a dorm” introduction. There’s a different experience with the “Left Dorm” and the “Right Dorm” thanks to the sorority themes… not to mention different students in them. But I’ll save real details for my upcoming review. I might have it ready this weekend, Baldo. :slight_smile:

Indeed. Well, it definitely seemed like a big game while going through it, but I’ve no idea what the script is like internally–there’s potential for a decent amount of repeated text that this fellow may not have eliminated.

But the length certainly seems plausible to me, so… well, either way it’s the only game I’ve played out of the lineup, and I thought it was Pretty Good.

I’m very hopeful for Haruka ni aogi. I hope that if they could localize anything, they could at least do that. The game is huge, we really need a big game like that in the English industry and I like that whole dorm choosing system.

Based on the results presented, a grant total of 96 people out of 150 want at least Haruka in. This is based on adding all the selections that involve Haruka together. I think that should be the #1 priority.

There are more votes for Bullet Butlers…
But I think that all the 3 games would be gladly received.

Plus the 23 people interested in all three games, making 97 for Harukani :roll: (one of those votes is new since Absurdist posted.)

Time for some fuzzy math :stuck_out_tongue:

Votes for 2 or 3 games should not count the same as when voting for just one game.

So I suggest 1/2 a vote if the vote is for two games and 1/3 if it’s for all of them.

That said, with 152 votes:

Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi no 11
Sekai de Ichiban Dame na Koi 13
Bullet Butlers 15
Interested in two (Haruka, Sekai) 19
Interested in two (Sekai, Bullet) 17
Interested in two (Haruka, Bullet) 44
Interested in all three 24

Then:
Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi no 11 + 9.5 + 22 + 8 = 50.5
Sekai de Ichiban Dame na Koi 13 + 9.5 + 8.5 + 8 = 39
Bullet Butlers 15 + 8.5 + 22 + 8 = 53.5

So, the conclusion is that you should vote for Sekai! (my pick) :frowning:

No matter how you count it, the result will be the same : we want the three games :slight_smile:

BTW, are there some fresh news concerning the possibility of translating those eroge ?

Well i tottaly second that since i voted for the 3 :stuck_out_tongue:

My formal opinion of Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashino is finally finished.

Baldo should be happy I actually finished it without massive delays. Especially with all the twincest floating about this year. :slight_smile:

I will not be able to review Sekai de Ichiban Dame na Koi, because I don’t own it anymore and I didn’t like it.

Someone who enjoys the title, should review it without negative bias. :mrgreen:

Wow Narg, great review. And while you say it doesn’t follow your personal tastes (i gathered that already from several of your posts in my lurker months), it certainly seems like it would fit my tastes. I was a pass on it entirely because of the whole “been there done that” mentality when it came to the plot. Now… i’m voting for it.

Thanks for the review!

Superb! I hope this will help people make informed voting decisions, though I still have no idea what the status on any of these is. I’ll see what Peter is up to and try to get back with some idea of what’s going on.

Zepy enjoyed it, and posted his impressions in the comments section here.