Which game to license? (UPDATED POLL)

Actually, there’s already a PS2 version of Kazoku Keikaku (and in a way, Casual Romance Club), so I don’t think the presence of a port automatically eliminates the chances of localization. I guess it depends on which companies are involved.

What’s a real blockbuster anyway? From a personal perspective, we might suggest highly rated, text-heavy games. However, as far as a business is concerned, it’s about what makes money.

If games like Snow Sakura, Princess Waltz, and Kazoku Keikaku sell well, then I’m sure we’ll see more of these fan requested titles (it’s ultimately conditional, isn’t it? These are more time consuming to localize, so sales had better justify the effort). However, they’re always looking in different directions to find hits. For all we know, Cleavage or Moero might just become the “real blockbuster” for JAST USA, whereas something like Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashino might be a money loser.

This is the very reason I’ve decided to stop buying every game that’s released to support the overall English market. Obviously. simple solution is to just vote with your dollars every chance you get, however, sad to say, those chances are -very- few and far between.

Guess this is where MangaGamer will come in handy since they’re getting things fixed up.(Hopefully)

And me too!

Downhill Night series looks cool, but these three eroges to me are even better. Or at least it seems to be more story-focused.

All three look great, it’s great to see titles which look like they have more recent game engines – better special effects like snow/sakura --, not to mention art styles that is much more current with the times right now. However, personally I heard that Bullet Butler has a boring story but everyone has certain tastes.

Personally If I had to put them in order of most interested to least interested, it’d have to be

1. Harukani Aogi
  2. Sekai something something (the apartment one)
  3. Bullet Butler.

Harukani aogi, I imagine has the highest possibility of being licensed because of existing relations with Will, especially if Princess Waltz does well. It’d be awesome to get a game that was listed one of the top eroge of the year or whatever on erogamescape.

What, “The Greatest Bishoujo Game of All Time” (Erogamescape ranking, based on aggregate mean score accessed July 12th, 2007) isn’t good enough for you? :stuck_out_tongue:

Except this poll is about possible future licenses, we already know we’re getting family project.

They’re ALL will titles, though.

And all three games are fantastic - I’ve played the first two, and they were utterly brilliant, and TakaJun said Bullet Butlers is nearly as good as Ayakashibito (and his tastes are generally pretty much on the mark).

Well, then I learned something new today.

I was being sarcastic opticalsky. Couldn’t you tell by the razz at the end?

I’d like to see the “Kissing the petal” series. That series is sooo cool! I mean it Rocks, oh yeah eh!:slight_smile:

I hope you think about that series.

It’d be really good to have here.

I voted “interested in all three”, though I have a slight preference for “Sekai de Ichiban Dame na Koi” on account of the male protagonist’s age, which is close to my own, and the premise. I’d be delighted with any or all of them.

Having just looked into Pulltop’s lineup, it seems that only Trouble Captor and Natsu Shoujo ever received console ports.

Natsu Shoujo, Yu no Hana, and Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi no were all released in Taiwan (over the past 2-3 years), so they might well be fair game for English language release. However, whether there’s enough demand is another matter.

I don’t know what happened, but Peapri/Lamuness said that the Yu no Hana project was discarded for that reason.
I forgot the details, unfortunately.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1654&p=30096&hilit=hana#p30096

I would go with Sekai de Ichiban Dame na Koi myself. Though honestly is it truly that probable?

If i recall, i remember reading that there was a poll about licensing ‘Cleavage’ about 3 years ago. Now it has actually happened, so i believe it is probable.

bullet butlers looks the coolest
Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi no looks like it could be good as well

i expect a few to new licenses to be announced at the next big anime con

Meh, I’d buy all 3 from the looks of it, provided they were available as download versions right off the bat like Princess Waltz was. Not entirely sure about Bullet Butler (not a fan of dark games, and I don’t know what the story is like), but the other two I would definitely go for.

Speaking of download editions, it should be possible to pre-order for download versions and not just the disc versions. I’d love to preorder more games, but I really don’t want anymore game discs and boxes to take care of than I got already. Plus I hate having to pay for customs handling and taxes on top of the game cost when I don’t have to. The customs handling alone can cost half of what the game does.

Bullet Butlers isn’t particularly a dark game, unless you count anything not exploding with moe fluff as dark. It’s more of a serious battle-oriented game.

does it have a turn based rpg system or one like raidy did

The battles are depicted via text and images, not gameplay.